• GoDaddy Community
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

i bought a .com domain, made a website using free trial on the godaddy site, need help

Hello, i'm a complete noob when it comes to buying and designing websites, but we all start somewhere i guess! So, i bought a .com domain on godaddy.com lets say its 1234.com 

after i bought it i decided to try to design it myself using their onsite web designer (gocentral). that all went as good as i could of hoped for, managed to write an article and write a little about what i'm trying to do with the website. but now i can't seem to access the website using the original 1234.com. i can only access it using 1234.godaddysites.com 

what am i missing here? 

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager

Hi @maxidawg. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! It sounds like you just need to update the website to use your domain. You can do that by clicking into the builder and then clicking the link at the top to "use my domain". After changing the domain, make sure you publish the site again to make the change live. 

GC change domain.jpg

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I've already tried that and it says that the domain is already taken when I put in the domain I own.
    Community Manager

@maxidawg I see. Maybe you registered the domain in a different account then? You can double check your receipts to see what customer number the order is related to. You can always touch base with our support team if you can't get it figured out. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.