• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted

online store top navigation drop down menus

Does anyone know how to change what is in the drop-down on the Top Navigation bar?  I only want certain products to be displayed in them, not all products available.  For example:  I have a shop and ship choice for those customers that do not live in the area, and I also have a shop local choice for those that live in the area, and want to pick it up at the place of business so there will be no shipping.  When you point to those two items, a drop down menu appears to make a choice.  I do not want the shop local products displaying on the shop and ship dropdown.  I just had someone from Australia buy something online from my local items because there will be no shipping because they will be picking it up, thinking that they don't need to pay for shipping since they chose that option.

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: online store top navigation drop down menus

Hi @Ktoledo. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

The easiest way that I can think of to do this would be to create separate categories for your local and shipping products. Since a product can have more than one product, you can use this to separate the products that have this option or not. Then, when you can add links to the category pages in your navigation. You'll have to chose the "link to URL" option to get link to a category page. 

OLSnav.jpg

Hope that helps Smiley Very Happy If not, others may be able to provide additional suggestions.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Highlighted

I do have separate categories.  I can't figure out how to get a screen shot on here so you know what I'm talking about.  On the "TOP NAVIGATION" menu, you put the menu items.  When you add a menu item, you either link it to a URL or a PAGE.  You enter the Menu Item Text, then there is another box next to it that you choose the page.  There are the pages that you created to link that menu item to, or you can choose shop.  If you choose shop, every item is displayed, regardless the category.  I want to choose what category of items are displayed under the top navigation menu item. It's not letting me download or insert a screenshot, other wise I would so it would be easier to explain.

Highlighted

Highlighted

OK - finally figured out how to post the screen shot lol.  When you look at it, you can see how everything is listed in the drop-down.  I don't want the local pickup items to show on the shop & ship section.