• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders
  • Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

"AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / Website Builder

Please join the GoDaddy GoCentral team for a chat on Tuesday, June 20th from 11AM-12PM PT. You'll have the opportunity to meet some of our team and ask them questions about our GoCentral / Website Builder product. 

Here's how it'll work:

1. You can post a question for the team in this thread through the end of the day on Friday, June 16th.

2. The team will address your questions for one hour.

3. After the AMA is finished, this post will be closed to additional questions.

4. If you can't join the AMA, no problem. You'll be able to read all of the questions and answers that were posted after the session is over.

5. Mark your calendars. Meet our great group of GoCentral team members and hear more about using GoCentral / Website Builder.

Hope to see you there!!

Rachel

GoDaddy Sr. Community Manager
    44 REPLIES 44

1. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

I have an illustration website, and I would like to be able to post 360 panoramic images to go along with my static images. Is there any way to do this, or are you planning to add this feature in the near future?

2. Re: GoCentral AMA: Auto installer is not launching

Dear Experts,

I have placed installer files in Public_Html folder, the root location for domain name. After that when i enter domain name in browser it does not launch auto installer for prestashop. It just opens default page saying " Something cool is coming". Please need support on this as i have one assignment and it has already taken alot of days and i am unable to resolve this issue. Your  support will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

3. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

I'll post a string of questions I see getting asked quite a bit!

Let's start with being able to have more items visible in the menu horizontally and have submenus.  Right now it's 4 max with the 4th being a drop down of all remaining pages.  So while you do get to choose which three are visible at the top of that page. That's pretty limiting.

Any plans for more menu flexibility -- more across and drop-downs for subs?

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Super User II

4. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

Will the ability to add image alt descriptions be added in the future?  This is standard and customary for SEO...

Judith

Super User II

5. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

Any plans to add a lightbox or the ability to enlarge images on mouse-over for GoCentral store images?

Judith

Super User II

6. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

Are there any plans to add a "Custom CSS" box to allow users to tweak their theme's CSS?

Judith

Super User II

7. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

While there is a box to integrate Google Analytics, are there plans to add the ability to add header scripts like what is necessary to get your site verified by Google?

Same goes for a sitemap xml file to submit to Google Console?

Judith

Helper I

8. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

I am having issues with the SEO. The home page has no problem, but when trying to optimize the other pages on my site, I get an error that there is no header. There is no way to add a header onto pages other than the home page. Is there a fix for this in the works? Thank you!

Community Manager
    Community Manager

9. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

Question asked on behalf of our GoDaddy Community members; 

Why doesn’t GoCentral have a simple workable text editor?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

10. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

What are the newest features added to GoCentral since the new product launched?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

11. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

How do you add an iFrame code to my home page on GoCentral? There doesn’t seem to be any way to add customized HTML.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

12. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

How to add Google Adsense using GoCentral?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

13. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

Question on behalf of our GoDaddy Community members;

Can you scale cover photos to properly fit both desktop and mobile applications in GoCentral?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

14. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

How should I think about using GoCentral to build my website vs WordPress?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

15. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

Why does GoCentral not allow a headline on each page for SEO purposes? The SEO tool seems to be limited?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

16. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

How do I optimize my pages for SEO purposes? I need to drive more traffic to my website.

Community Manager
    Community Manager

17. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

How do we delete unwanted images from our GoCentral website?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

18. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

How to set up Google Analytics with my GoCentral website to track activity?

Community Manager
    Community Manager

19. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

Is there the capability to add sub-navigation for pages in GoCentral?

Re: 7. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCent

bug level - critical...if we cannot get analytics on these sites, it doesn't matter how pretty they are...we need the ability to drop an iFrame and an html snippet on the page immediately...this has been asked for since launch over a year ago and is a basic need met by the prior builder... assure us in the webcast there is some way to accomplish this with these sites...even if it means some sort of upgrade or migration to hosting.  If there is no way to do it, and it is not a feature that is planned, you're going to have a revolt in your core user base.

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: 13. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

Question on behalf of our GoDaddy Community members;

Can you scale cover photos to properly fit both desktop and mobile applications in GoCentral?

Great question!  We now automatically scale the cover images to look best on mobile, desktop, and any other devices people may view the site on.

Anonymous
    Not applicable

Re: 1. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@icarumba wrote:

I have an illustration website, and I would like to be able to post 360 panoramic images to go along with my static images. Is there any way to do this, or are you planning to add this feature in the near future?

Thanks for your question @icarumba! While we don't currently have the ability to loop panoramic photos in a 360 degree environment, you can upload them to your page or photo gallery. Are there certain 360 degree photo solutions you'd recommend we look into?

Employee
    Employee

Re: 3. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@Muse wrote:

I'll post a string of questions I see getting asked quite a bit!

Let's start with being able to have more items visible in the menu horizontally and have submenus.  Right now it's 4 max with the 4th being a drop down of all remaining pages.  So while you do get to choose which three are visible at the top of that page. That's pretty limiting.

Any plans for more menu flexibility -- more across and drop-downs for subs?

Great question! Different header layouts are able to show different numbers of navigation items. We definitely hear the requests from customers who have more pages that they are looking for more functionality/flexibility on how the navigation bar is shown. We're looking into doing this and it's in the design phase at the moment (likely a couple of months out). In the meantime, you can always add more sections (up to 20) on each page as well, which should give a lot of additional flexibility.

-Justin

Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: 2. Re: GoCentral AMA: Auto installer is not launching

@salman_jav wrote:

Dear Experts,

I have placed installer files in Public_Html folder, the root location for domain name. After that when i enter domain name in browser it does not launch auto installer for prestashop. It just opens default page saying " Something cool is coming". Please need support on this as i have one assignment and it has already taken alot of days and i am unable to resolve this issue. Your  support will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hey @salman_jav,

Thanks for your question! It would be best for you to either check our Domains forum https://www.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Domains/bd-p/Domains or contact our customer support team at 480-505-8877. We certainly want to make sure you get your issue resolved. Take care!

Rachel

Employee
    Employee

Re: 4. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@Muse wrote:

Will the ability to add image alt descriptions be added in the future?  This is standard and customary for SEO...

Hi--

We've heard this request from several customers; it's been starting to move up the priority list. Alt tags are great for images SEO (e.g., Google Images search) and screen readers, but generally are not used for the ranking of an actual site. We are planning to get started on designs for this functionality and will tackle this in the next few months.

-Justin

Employee
    Employee

Re: 9. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCent

@RachelM wrote:

Why doesn’t GoCentral have a simple workable text editor?

Great question – we are currently working on adding an inline rich text editor which will be accessible directly on the site preview itself in the editor. Let me know if this answered your question, but hoping this will help!

Employee
    Employee

Re: 5. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@Muse wrote:

Any plans to add a lightbox or the ability to enlarge images on mouse-over for GoCentral store images?

Thanks for your feedback @Muse!

We know how important it is for potential buyers on a GoCentral store to get a better sense of the product via zooming or enlarging the images on their screen. This helps give them more confidence in what they're buying and is likelier to result in a sale.

For this reason, yes, we are looking at ways to enlarge store images on the GoCentral store. Look out for this in the next couple months!

Employee
    Employee

Re: 6. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCent

@Muse wrote:

Are there any plans to add a "Custom CSS" box to allow users to tweak their theme's CSS?

Appreciate the question you asked! At this point, we do not plan to enable the ability for customers to edit the css for a site. GoCentral is really designed for users who want to get online quickly without having to make several design decisions. For those that are interested in tweaking CSS, I'd suggest Managed Wordpress for those users.

-Justin

Employee
    Employee

Re: 17. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

How do we delete unwanted images from our GoCentral website?

Good news!  We just added the feature for you to delete your uploaded images:  You can tap on the image, go to "my images" and now you are able to select and delete it (tap the trash can).

Employee
    Employee

Re: 14. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

How should I think about using GoCentral to build my website vs WordPress?

Great question and depends on what you're after when building your website and how much much technical know-how you have. GoCentral was built primarily for ease of use and speed, helping individuals to get the features they need to be successful in their industry and get online quickly. Wordpress on the other hand, allows for much more complex site editing but requires a much more technical knowledge. Hope this helps!

Employee
    Employee

Re: 11. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

How do you add an iFrame code to my home page on GoCentral? There doesn’t seem to be any way to add customized HTML.

Correct;  Currently we don't have iFrame support as it usually breaks people's websites, it's not mobile friendly and bad for SEO.  We are introducing 3rd party plugins, though, such as the SoundCloud, YouTube and RSS feeds.  We'd love to hear the needs for iFrames or 3rd party code so we can figure out what to support next.  

Employee
    Employee

Re: 8. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCent

@Digitell wrote:

I am having issues with the SEO. The home page has no problem, but when trying to optimize the other pages on my site, I get an error that there is no header. There is no way to add a header onto pages other than the home page. Is there a fix for this in the works? Thank you!

Currently only the homepage has a header, and your feedback is helping.
    We'll add the ability to add more prominent titles and h1 tags on the other pages in the future.

We'll also fix the error issue, thanks for pointing it out.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 12. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

How to add Google Adsense using GoCentral?

You can easily add Google Adsense by going to the site settings in editor (hamburger menu > settings) and tap on "Display Ads".  Hope that helps!

Employee
    Employee

Re: 7. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCent

@Muse wrote:

While there is a box to integrate Google Analytics, are there plans to add the ability to add header scripts like what is necessary to get your site verified by Google?

Same goes for a sitemap xml file to submit to Google Console?

Hi,

We do plan to enable scripts as we hear those requests coming from more people. In general, our approach is to try to avoid having our primarily novice users worry about HTML or scripts, especially since that can open up security vulnerabilities, hurt performance, and affect SEO (our previous Website Builder products allowed it and we saw lots of issues).

For Google verification, there are methods that don't require adding scripts to the header (https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35179?hl=en#verification_details). We also do automatically create the sitemap xml from the Search Engine Optimization flow.

-Justin

Employee
    Employee

Re: 18. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

How to set up Google Analytics with my GoCentral website to track activity?

Good news - you can easily add Google Analytics to your website!  Go into editor, tap the hamburger menu (3 line menu) > settings > Google Analytics.   Then paste your Google Analytics ID (found in your Google Analytics dashboard) and you're all set!

Employee
    Employee

Re: 19. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

Is there the capability to add sub-navigation for pages in GoCentral?

Hi,

We definitely are hearing the growing number of requests from customers for sub-navigation. We're looking into doing this and it's in the design phase at the moment (likely a couple of months out).

-Justin

Employee
    Employee

Re: 15. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

Why does GoCentral not allow a headline on each page for SEO purposes? The SEO tool seems to be limited?

We'll add the ability to add more prominent titles and h1 tags on the other pages in the future.
    GoCentral SEO is guiding a business owner towards the optimization journey, there are good stuff in the making, stay tuned.

Employee
    Employee

Re: 10. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

What are the newest features added to GoCentral since the new product launched?

Thanks for your feedback, GoDaddy community members. Here's some new features we’ve realized: 

1. Update the look and feel of your site with new styles, designs and layouts 

•  Support for a new theme called Slate – a slick-looking dark theme 
    •  You can now add links to content you have in your header section
    • We now support a new video layout where you can showcase a description on the side 
    •  Improved the fit of the image in the header section. We  now a provide a toggle that shrinks their header image to fit entirely within the screen, keeping the original aspect ratio and adding a blurred background effect to fill the gutters.
    • Support for a background color in the header section  – You can click a color option to change the way color is applied to their header. Click on the Header ‘Layouts’ tab to see the color choices of black, white, or their primary color.
    • A new layout for downloading files 
    • Ability to add multiple Menus, File Download, and Social widgets per page (previously this was restricted to 1 per page)
    • Support for an expanded contact form that allows you to add  3 more fields, rearrange, set as required, or remove fields.
    • Add a favicon to your GoCentral Site 

2. Support for new types of content and monetization

• Stream music via our new Music Audio Player (via SoundCloud) 
    • Monetize your site for Google Adsense
    • Support for blog posts via RSS feed

3. Support for additional photo gallery improvements 

• A new photo gallery layout, Pinterest masonry style, that’s good for vertical photos. 
    • Lightbox (full screen preview) for images on gallery
    • Support for Photo gallery thumbnails

4. Additional features on GoCentral Online Store 

• Support for Apple Pay on Checkout, Product Detail Pages, and Cart
    • Product Search on storefronts
    • Support for 150 store categories 
    Employee
    Employee

Re: 16. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@RachelM wrote:

How do I optimize my pages for SEO purposes? I need to drive more traffic to my website.

GoCentral SEO is designed exactly for this purpose. From the "Marketing" menu, choose SEO, and you will be guided through an intuitive wizard that will provide you with keyword suggestions, and enable the right changes for your website. You can even check later on for your website rankings.

Super User II

Re: 11. Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCen

@JoshB

The irony is that the "Email Marketing" service provides an iframe that needs to be embedded.  We are advertising that GoCentral has Email Marketing with no way to integrate it?

Judith

Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

I have a business which sells Engine Parts and I have an online store. I have had to fabricate, invent and come up with ways around your system (Front-End/CMS) in order to achieve my goals. Some of the goals I am trying to achieve is like GoDaddy intentionally made a terrible design decision with the CMS. When I have over 40,000 products on your system and growing, how am I supposed to quickly update my pricing? If I reupload my product, none of the products with the SAME product number are overwritten, NOR can I delete more than 10 items off my site at a time. We need to be able to delete multiple products, not 10, not 50, not 100. We need to be able to delete more than 1000 products at a time. In 6 to 10 months when I get a price update for a product line which I have over 5,000 products in, I am going to come to you guys and ask for help. I don't know what database back-end you are using, but in my experience with at least MongoDB, it is one like for a query to delete all items from a database. It is maybe 3 lines if I run a for loop for querying each product I want to be deleted from a checklist. It is about the same if I put in a custom-list seperated by commas of SKU's of the items i want to be deleted. So, when can we expect an update to the CMS and the usability of updating and removing of product?

cstrasia
    Former Employee

@Muse wrote:

@JoshB

The irony is that the "Email Marketing" service provides an iframe that needs to be embedded.  We are advertising that GoCentral has Email Marketing with no way to integrate it?

@Muse

Thanks for the comment! You can create sign-up forms for email marketing to add to your Facebook page, your blog, etc, via a code snippet.  In GoCentral the sign-up form is available by adding the "Subscription" section to your website.  You can add as many of these sections as you'd like to your site. Hope this helps to clarify! We're continuing to add more functionality so stay tuned!

Super User II

@cstrasia

Yes, I understand that -- apples to oranges. 

Subscribing is NOT email marketing.  GD offers an "Email Marketing" service as part of the GoCentral package.  GD links to it from the dashboard so users can config and then they find out they cannot embed the required iframe code into the site.  

That was my point...

Judith

Employee
    Employee

Re: "AMA" With GoCentral Team On "How To Build Your Website" using GoCentral / W

Thanks a lot for your feedback! 

We will take a look at how we can improve the experience to add, edit and delete products in your GoCentral Online Store.  At the moment we currently let customers bulk delete products in small batches, but have not yet provided the capability to do this for a larger number of products, like 1,000 of products at a time (most of our customers have less than a hundred products so we haven't received this request as frequently). While we won't be working on the ability to bulk delete a larger number of products in the next few months as we're working on some better ways to merchandise products and get more sales in the door on your online store, we will take this feedback in mind and figure out how we can enable this in the future.