• Websites + Marketing | Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    New

site wide code in Website Builder 7?

GODADDY,

Under SITE SETTINGS  /  What is the "Site Wide Code" tab used for in the website builder v7?   Can you give simple example of how to use this feature?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
    Helper II

Re: site wide code in Website Builder 7?

@web It's kind of an obscure tool, which they have supplied, but ..... What is it? and, How do you use it?

I've used it to include "Keywords", which I think, are still quite valuable. But, it's not quite as easy as that ... you have to be able to "create code", which will facilitate the entry of your keywords and make them available to a search engine.

There are probably more uses, if you knew what they were and how to code them.

One thing, which I don't like about V7, you have to become a "coder" to get things done!

If you search for Website Builder V7 keywords, you should be able to find part of your answer. I haven't been able to find a "permalink" to the post.

Hey @web,

This section of your Website Builder allows you to add code, such as HTML meta tags or JavaScript between your HEAD tags or before the /BODY tag. As @tmaj mentioned, this can be used to help search engines find your website.

I've also known some users to use this section to implement CSS coding to help manage some theme related settings you can't normally modify through the page designer directly. Perhaps some other members who've utilized this section could share either some examples or feedback on what they've personally used this section for? 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support
    New

Keep it simple and don't make it so complicated. You can search on code examples for using keywords and other coding. Then edit it to your own wording and keywords. This is just an example of how it works and what you can use. Remember the main codes (meta name="keywords" content="Your Keywords, Coma and space, Next keyword, coma, space, and the ending tags,">) just change the keywords for your own use.

Example: <meta name="keywords" content="handyman, handyman service, local handyman services, handy man, home repair services, home handyman service, best handyman services">

MrMark,

It gives you option to place codes at head, or body.  Does this go for both, or which?

Hi

I have been trying to access this part -site wide code- on the site builder but I don't find it.

I can't find it under the "site settings" on the left menu.

My plan is business plus. and I have just started it today so I assume it is v7

I will appreciate if you helped me finding how I can edit my website code

Thanks

New

Given you can no longer add code through the current version of the website builder is it possible to get a copy of the the old version 7 builder?

I need to add an age verifer to my site but I have been told its not possible and I now need to change programs in order to insert this function.

New

I'd really like the ability to add my own code (something not inserted by React) to my Site Build content.  I do not expect GoDaddy to help support it.  Is it possible to re-enable the site-wide code support?