Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Super User III
    Super User III

MrVapor's Guide to Getting Better Support/Answers in the GoDaddy Community

Hey there!

A lot of people come to the GoDaddy Community seeking answers to their issues but sometimes those of us that want to help don’t have enough information to make an informed guess at what the problem may be. We don’t have access to the backend of GoDaddy’s systems as we’re volunteers, not employees.

In that regard, I thought I’d help by providing a framework to ask for support in this venue. I know how frustrating it can be going back and forth, so the best solution is to try to reduce that back and forth by gathering the information we need.

Without further ado, here’s your checklist of stuff you should submit with your issue for a faster and thorough response:

• What is your domain name / URL?
    • Have you made any DNS changes recently? If so, how long ago did you make them?
    • What type of hosting platform are you on? (Ex. GoCentral, cPanel, Plesk, etc.)
    • What is your hosting package level? (Ex. GoCentral Personal, Deluxe cPanel, Ultimate Plesk, etc.)
    • What type of website do you have? (Ex. GoCentral, WordPress, Joomla, etc.)
    • What type of error are you experiencing?
    • Please supply any error codes you may be receiving and please be specific.
    • What steps have you taken so far to correct the issue?
    • Please provide screenshots of what you see if at all possible.

I’m sure there’s more that could be asked, but this information should make it much easier to diagnose any issues you may have and get your issue solved.

Hope that helps everyone!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

2 REPLIES 2
    Community Manager
    Community Manager
    Solution

Re: Joe’s Guide to Getting Better Support/Answers in the GoDaddy Community

This is awesome @MrVapor Joe! I'm sure many of our community members will find this super helpful. Thanks for putting this info together. 

Rachel

Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Joe’s Guide to Getting Better Support/Answers in the GoDaddy Community

Thanks! I know how frustrating it can be when your site/email/whatever isn't working the way you want. All you want is help. The easiest way to give it is to gather the right info from the beginning. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community