cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    Employee
    Employee

Working on my side gig

Hello Everyone! My name is Ray and I have always wanted to be my own boss someday. I have always been a Technology Enthusiast. Computer Hardware and systems building has been my passion, but I have dabbled in things like setting up a VPS, website design, and even some object oriented programming. I am the farthest thing from an IT professional at this point, but i figure the resources here will be a huge help.

I'm currently working on a concept for artisan necklaces and bracelets. made by hand and with natural materials. I already make my own using hand blown pendants from artists locally or within the USA. I have a couple names in mind and certain style i want for the brand, and hopefully this will the place I can really be creative.

For a long time I have been considering creating my own business.... but it is just daunting at times. Especially when your the only one who sees the vision and believes in it. I look forward to meeting all of you and learing from what has worked for you!

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Re: Working on my side gig

Welcome @Anakin! Great to have you share about your background and business. It would be great if you posted pictures of a few of your jewelry pieces so we can see your good work. Take care and we look forward to getting to know you better. 

Rachel

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

@Anakin

Welcome, Ray!  Lots of good info (and as you probably already know nice folks) here to tap into as you go on your new business adventure.

I make jewelry as a hobby too -- anything glass, crystal and sparkly!  I refer to it as my therapy! 😉

Judith
    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Thomas Edison

Employee
    Employee

ooooh lookie there!! it says EMPLOYEE by my name!!!!

someone told on me i guess Smiley Tongue

Thank you both for the encouragement!

@MuseI actually registered for the forum after i looked at your profile and really liked it. I even sent myself a link to it so I could use the links at the bottom; specifically the business email etiquette guide

here are a few pictures20181029_222327.jpgcropped necklace.jpgnecklces cropped.jpgpersonal necklace.jpg