Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Welcome and Introductions
  • Welcome and Introductions

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Cindyl541
    New

Hello from Oregon!

I've been here for a while. I really don't have a clue about what I'm doing but I like having a cool (well, maybe not cool but easy) name for my sales websites instead of XXXXXXXX/12345678 whatever. I keep seeing there are email addresses and think it would be nice to have a matching name for my email to be forwarded to my regular yahoo account. Can I do that? 

7 REPLIES 7
    mrsroadrunner
    Helper V

Hi there fellow Oregonian !

I bought my email years ago here in godaddy. So my email ends in mrsroadrunner.com, one of my domain names 🙂

If this is what you are are talking about? Then just forward that one to your free email, if that is you really want to keep the free email?

Go to your paid domain name see if you have free email with it??

Hope this helps?

Coralie

Mrsroadrunner Photography

Yes, I do want to keep Yahoo. Can I make it so it forwards them to Yahoo? I don't want to have to go into GD to look at this inbox.

Hi there,

This is all up to yahoo - dont see why you cant? Unless they put some kind of cap on their free emails? Contact yahoo, (does yahoo have customer service anymore), and ask?

BTW you dont have to go into godaddy every time you want to check email. Webmail is nice that way.... you do have to login of course.

Hope this helps

Mrsroadrunner Photography
    JesseW
    Community Manager

Hey @Cindyl541. Welcome to GoDaddy Community!

If you want to set up an email forwarding account, there's an article about that here. You should get email forwarding account credits for each domain you register with us. Hope that helps!

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give likes.

hi

SamHobbs
    Helper V

Do you have a web site hosting plan with GoDaddy? Do you have a domain name?

SamHobbs
    Helper V

Note that forwarding might not be as useful as you might think. The main problem is that when you want to reply, the reply would be from the email that was forwarded to, such as the Yahoo account.