Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Welcome and Introductions
  • Welcome and Introductions

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    noelhunter
    Getting Started

Hello

Hi.  I'm Noel.

I have developed mobile apps that have earned top ten rankings in the iTunes and iBooks app stores, with more than one million downloads, in a field of more than one million competing apps.

I created a cloud-based mobile app creation toolkit for Android and iOs that reduced development time from an average of three months to about two weeks, by removing the barriers between project managers, graphics designers, audio designers, and programmers, and allowing real-time on-hardware preview of apps in progress.

I led development of a web-based lesson planning a curriculum service that has been used in more than a thousand classrooms for early childhood education.

From 1989 to 1996, I worked at Wake Forest University, growing into the position of Academic Computing Manager, and creating the university web site, nominated from among all the sites on the web for Best Campus-Wide Information System in the 1994 Best of the Web Awards.

I have been a freelance IT consultant since 1996, working full and part-time for several clients. I specialize in integrating database, web and mobile applications, and in the convergence of voice, mobile, media, networking and data. My primary clients are small to mid-size companies. I have done everything from wiring networks, building firewalls, administering Linux and Windows servers, to writing custom PHP, MySql web applications.

Little known facts about me are that I provided voice talent for an app, I have appeared in two award-winning documentary movies with many millions of views, and I have played bass, sung, and recorded in several bands. I was active enough in early Internet development to be thanked in the Electronic Frontier Foundation's "Extended Guide to the Internet." I walked from PA to NC with Habitat for Humanity, and travelled to India to build houses.

I currently do free-lance mobile and web development consulting, based in Winston-Salem, NC.

2 REPLIES 2
    TAoC
    Getting Started

TSS
    RachelM
    Community Manager

Hi Noel @noelhunter,

Welcome! Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge to share. You have made some huge accomplishments in your career. Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more from you as we kick start and grow the Community. 

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.