cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JPGolan
Novice

Hello from a New Member

I am a webmaster for a site for my retirees group that is currently with another provider. I am here looking for information, pricing and experience in transferring the site to GoDaddy.

I have plenty of computer experience (back to IBM PC days) and other startup systems.

The site was built using Weebly. Is this something GoDaddy has available or must I rebuild the site from scratch?

In addition, I had a fiend who hosted a forum site here and he was the sole administrator. Unfortunately he has passed away suddenly and other forum members are looking to me to keep the site going. What is the best way to handle this with GoDaddy in taking over that site (I do not have any of his logins or password). I was helping him financially with the site and paid a 2-year subscription back in October with my cc if that means anything.

Looking forward to leaning more about GoDaddy and service they provide.

Joe

3 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Trusted Advisor

Re: Hello from a New Member

JPGolan wrote:

I am a webmaster for a site for my retirees group that is currently with another provider. I am here looking for information, pricing and experience in transferring the site to GoDaddy.

I have plenty of computer experience (back to IBM PC days) and other startup systems.

The site was built using Weebly. Is this something GoDaddy has available or must I rebuild the site from scratch?

In addition, I had a fiend who hosted a forum site here and he was the sole administrator. Unfortunately he has passed away suddenly and other forum members are looking to me to keep the site going. What is the best way to handle this with GoDaddy in taking over that site (I do not have any of his logins or password). I was helping him financially with the site and paid a 2-year subscription back in October with my cc if that means anything.

Looking forward to leaning more about GoDaddy and service they provide.

Joe

@JPGolan Hi Joe, welcome to the Godaddy community. It seems that Weebly uses a drag and drop tool, the only way I can think of transferring it over is to purchase a hosting account here at Godaddy (use the link in my signature to save on that) and then get the html and associated files from Weebly. I looked around on Google if that's possible and I found this link: https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Edit-the-html-directly/idi-p/32854

You would then have to upload the files to your hosting account. 

As for the forum, not sure what can be done there. You may want to reach out to Godaddy Live Chat to see if they can give you any insight. Does he have a surving spouse or family? They may be able to help you get access to his account or maybe his email so that you could transfer the site to yourself.

--- 

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I
JPGolan
Novice

Thank for the information but I am still trying to understand the pricing for the potential hosting of the site I now maintain for my retirees group.

The web url is www.lu3cf-retirees.com.

It currently has 6 pages of information, file links (stored at server) and pictures

We do not have any commerce.

We do utilized their email services for contacting our officers, committee chairs and members. we currently have 18 email addresses xxx@lu3cf-retirees.com. All of them forward email to personal email addresses.Three of the 18 are forward to multiple members (bulk email announcements). The worst case bulk email would be forwarded to currently about 35-40 members at a time.

I need to present the financial costs (annual) to our trustees for approval to move hosting of the site to GoDaddy

If you need additional information please feel free to contact me at webmaster@lu3cf-retirees.com

Thank you

JPGolan wrote:

Thank for the information but I am still trying to understand the pricing for the potential hosting of the site I now maintain for my retirees group.

The web url is www.lu3cf-retirees.com.

It currently has 6 pages of information, file links (stored at server) and pictures

We do not have any commerce.

We do utilized their email services for contacting our officers, committee chairs and members. we currently have 18 email addresses xxx@lu3cf-retirees.com. All of them forward email to personal email addresses.Three of the 18 are forward to multiple members (bulk email announcements). The worst case bulk email would be forwarded to currently about 35-40 members at a time.

I need to present the financial costs (annual) to our trustees for approval to move hosting of the site to GoDaddy

If you need additional information please feel free to contact me at webmaster@lu3cf-retirees.com

Thank you

@JPGolan Godaddy's most basic hosting is $2.99 per month, you can review the plans here: 

https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I