cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

100% CPU Usage - Doesn't Make Sense

Hi,

Okay I have a Drupal based website with Caching Enabled and the content is static which hardly change. But my CPU usage is 100%. Although there is very little traffic on the website, like less than 50 visits per day. And the pages are static almost due to caching for anonymous users so there is very little processing as well. So, why it is still 100% cpu usage? Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 100% CPU Usage - Doesn't Make Sense

Hey @dimskk,

I'm not a Drupal expert, but I have checked some general discussions in search engine results that often indicate this type of utilization can either be traced to a bad process you have running or configuration issue within the site itself.

If you're currently seeing a large utilization, check your current processes and if necessary end them. If that drops utilization, then this narrows down the culprit to a process that is being left open. You will then need to review them further to be sure each is properly configured to close it's connection once the process has completed running its task. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
New

Thanks for your reply. I have checked php processes and there are no processes running at all. But still the cpu is at 100%. The website even does not have any internal process except cron, which runs only for less than a second and do not have to perform any cpu intensive or large process.

So, why still 100%?? Never faced this issue before on any other host. Isn't it that Godady just want me to upgrade hosting for nothing???

Solution

Hey @dimskk,

Are you using a custom theme by chance? If so, try switching a default theme to see if this reduces the usage.

Reporting 100% usage for zero traffic or process activity is very unusual and something that would require direct access to the hosting plan to investigate; should changing the theme not resolve the issue. As no one in Community would have direct access, you'll need to reach out to our live support for our hosting team to help investigate what is causing this to occur.

As for recommending upgrades, our teams should only be making this suggestion if all avenues to optimize and reduce over-utilization activity have been exhausted. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support