cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

50% price increase??

I was just contacted by a client whose hosting cost jumped from $119.88 to $179.88 on his renewal.  This is a HUGE increase in cost for having a basic website, and is not at all acceptable to the client or to me.  What are our options?  If he cancels, will he get a prorated refund? (We've already disabled auto-renewal and will not be renewing at this price.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I have both been in and had clients in this exact same situation @khipson. GoDaddy has really good promotional rates and this sounds like your client initially received a promo rate? Typically I advise clients to take advantage of the promotional price for as long a term as they can afford. I detest auto billing regardless of the company. I disable automatic billing and advise others to do so as well. 

The actual issue here is the promotional rate may have obliterated your client? Of course I don't know your situation but refunding the hosting (provided you qualify) would kill the website? Check out GoDaddy REFUND POLICY. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

I have both been in and had clients in this exact same situation @khipson. GoDaddy has really good promotional rates and this sounds like your client initially received a promo rate? Typically I advise clients to take advantage of the promotional price for as long a term as they can afford. I detest auto billing regardless of the company. I disable automatic billing and advise others to do so as well. 

The actual issue here is the promotional rate may have obliterated your client? Of course I don't know your situation but refunding the hosting (provided you qualify) would kill the website? Check out GoDaddy REFUND POLICY. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Hi @khipson,

Welcome to the Community.

The previous reply from @rd is correct - if the hosting was purchased on a sale or promotion, the renewal will be at the regular price. The only way to "lock in" sale prices is to secure additional years at the time of purchase. 

While GoDaddy does not prorate refunds, they can contact customer support to cancel and receive a refund - if the renewal was made in the last 30 days. If the product is still active after 30 days, a refund will not be provided. No one participating in this Community can provide that refund, but your client can contact the support team at the most convenient number in the link below.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support