cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

503 Service Unavailable - Brand New Hosting Plan, No Site Deployed Yet.

I opened a new hosting plan in May, installed Node JS.  Pushed one app.js file with four lines of  "Hello World" code.  That is it.  No visitors.  No bandwidth nor resources exceeded.  This site was up and running back in May.  Now it only shows:

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have gone through all the CPanel 503 support posts without a solution.  I have looked at the processes with ps in terminal.  The only processes running are bash, cagefs and ps.  Why is my site down????

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Re: 503 Service Unavailable - Brand New Hosting Plan, No Site Deployed Yet.

@sac80644 

There is most likely a compatibility issue with what you installed. It may not be meant for a shared server environment. The best thing you can do is call phone support or live chat and ask them if what you're wanting to do is possible on the hosting platform you're currently on.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Yeah, I thought about that, but before doing so I read that others have used Node JS on Go Daddy Linux accounts no problem.  It was working.  And actually, Node JS does still work if I start it, but the standard http port 80 is not working.  It doesn't really install per say.  You just download the Node JS package, decompress it to its own folder and run it.  I can uninstall it, but that is just deleting the folder.  The process is not even running.  I might just try that though...Thanks.

Jason

Solution

I found the problem.  A rewrite rule was set on the .htaccess file.  I commented this out and now the site works.