Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
helloworld
Getting Started

530 Login authentication failed, details are correct

When I try to use Filezilla to connect to my FTP I get this error:

530 Login authentication failed

I am using my IP address to connect, and port 21.

As specified below, I have tried to use the plain insecure FTP, and "Ask for password"

https://uk.godaddy.com/community/cPanel-Hosting/Error-530-on-Filezilla-what-am-I-missing/m-p/147904#...

My password is correct as I have reset it.

I have an online chat session with godaddy support who said they would reset the server, and that it should be fixed in 90minutes-24 hours. But last time they said that for another issue, nothing happened. It's been 90 minutes already, and I'm concerned that they were just fobbing me off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@helloworld 

As per my reply to your other posting, you were still on GoDaddy’s old Lennox hosting. The solution to this is that you need to get my rated to a new cPanel server.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User IV

@helloworld 

Could you by chance post a screen shot of the filezilla log where it shows the connection attempt / failure

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

I have not changed the password, and it was working until 11th August.

I also created a new account with new password. That also failed with the same message.

image.png

@helloworld 

As per my reply to your other posting, you were still on GoDaddy’s old Lennox hosting. The solution to this is that you need to get my rated to a new cPanel server.

View solution in original post