Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
saransaro
New

Adding more domains under Ultimate Hosting Plan

Team,

I have bought 13 domains and 4 hosting with Godaddy.

My question here is,

One of my hosting is the Ultimate plan and I would like to add 6 domains under the ultimate hosting plan.

We knew that Ultimate plan has 1GB RAM. In this case, if I add 6 domains under my ultimate hosting then how the speed will be varied.

Is Ultimate hosting RAM will be divided equally to the 6 domains OR the more visitors (of a domain) will take more RAM from the ULTIMATE hosting?

Please reply.

Thanks
Saran
CEO & Founder
Saransaro.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@saransaro 

The memory is for the account not for a specific domain. That said from a security perspective I do not recommend hosting more than 1 site / client per cPanel account.

By the nature of how a cPanel account works, all the domains / sites hosted in that account are in the same "sandbox." If any of these sites are WordPress and get compromised it is then possible that someone could have access to all the sites in your cPanel account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@saransaro 

The memory is for the account not for a specific domain. That said from a security perspective I do not recommend hosting more than 1 site / client per cPanel account.

By the nature of how a cPanel account works, all the domains / sites hosted in that account are in the same "sandbox." If any of these sites are WordPress and get compromised it is then possible that someone could have access to all the sites in your cPanel account.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post