cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

C-Panel "out of disk space" - but it's Unlimited???

The filesystem mounted at "url" on this server is running out of disk space. cPanel operations have been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.

How is that possible when my plan has "Unlimited Storage" and "Unlimited Sites", I currently have 1 pretty basic site with a CMS that is taking up less than 2GB of storage, I deleted the .trash through SSH yet still get this message?

Anyone know what's happening here?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: C-Panel "out of disk space" - but it's Unlimited???

Though they don't have a specific limit on the disk space, the server is still subject to technical limitations.  Most plans would not face issue if used in compliance of the terms and conditions of the hosting agreement.  Resource intense websites may be asked to move to a better fitting plan.

https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/hosting-agreement

I wouldn't be able to say conclusively what is happening with your plan but you can contact support directly with your user ID and PIN handy to go over the specifics.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

New

So there's someone else sharing my server who's taking up too much space? how long until it's sorted?

Super User III
Solution

I don't have any specific information on what's going on with your server, you'll want to contact support to review the server resources.

New

Thanks for the help though it shouldn't be called Unlimited if it's limited to 120gb - and then other users shouldn't be able to take up so much space that it shuts down everyone's C-Panel until some space is freed.

Who is going to pay $40 a month more to move to another plan when they've signed up to a plan that claims to be unlimited, even if they accept the terms and conditions it's purposely misleading which completely voids those terms.

Super User III
Solution

Shared hosting prices come with shared hosting resources.  Like I said they don't put a specific limit on storage but the plans are limited in other ways.  This is pretty standard in the industry.  There are many reasons to upgrade, for example a high demand website that needs dedicated resources, or there are usages that do not comply with the shared hosting terms but may comply with the terms of another type of hosting.

If another plan is causing issues with your own plan this is likely a violation of the terms of service.  That would likely be detected automatically, but it's a good idea to call into support to make sure the ball is rolling.  The unlimited space and bandwidth is really to make things easier, where you choose the right plan based on other features.  It is actually extremely rare for this to cause problems, and like I said many other providers do this similarly.