cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Can I just add folders in the C-Panel File Manager for each site that will be hosted?

I have just purchased c-panel hosting. I will be moving my Wordpress sites from another older GoDaddy server. I want to put each website in a separate folder in the new c-panel. Do I just create new folders in the file manager for c-panel?

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Can I just add folders in the C-Panel File Manager for each site that will be hosted?

Yes, with a Deluxe or higher plan you can associate add-on domains to the folder of your choosing.

I'd recommend using an FTP client (like Filezilla) to help with managing the files.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-my-cpanel-website-with-ftp-and-filezilla-31870

Re: Can I just add folders in the C-Panel File Manager for each site that will be hosted?

I am planning on using the Installatron app to move the WordPress sites and was asking if I just add folders in the file manager for each site. Do you think doing a folder for each site works like it did on the older hosting?

Actually planning to do a folder named "Websites" and then put each website in there.

@DGryder wrote:

I am planning on using the Installatron app to move the WordPress sites and was asking if I just add folders in the file manager for each site. Do you think doing a folder for each site works like it did on the older hosting?

Super User III Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Yes, each different site should have it's own folder.