cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Can't access my website anymore

Hi. I had a website for a while with godaddy. I haven't been on it for 1-2 months. Today I tried to go on it and it doesn't work. If I try to go on it, I get this error on Chrome:

error.png

I never had this problem before. I used to be able to access my website just fine. It is wordpress-based and I can't access wp-admin either.

I added https in the past through the letsencrypt website and never had any problems. For some reason, my website isn't working anymore. Does anyone know how I can fix my website?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't access my website anymore

Greetings @phoenixblue,

We welcome your question, while my expertise is domains, I know a little about this, enough to take a shot at helping. First, I didn't grasp if this something happening just on your system or on all attempts to access the site from everywhere. 

If it's just your system, I suggest researching articles based on your configuration and preferred browser. Frequently this is the result of a mismatch in the date/time of your system, things running in the background, or even an accumulation of cached data (which may explain why it happens now, but didn't happen before).

If it's true of multiple systems, it may be related to the server-side. Are you even running an SSL? Has it expired? The purpose of the "s" in https is to indicate a secure connection (meaning all communications between client and server are encrypted.

Our 24/7 Support can help you with the latter, but not as much with your own system. If you suspect the latter, give them a call.

I hope that helps,

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Hey there!

Based on the error message you're receiving, your SSL has expired. If you were running a LetsEncrypt certificate, those are only valid for 90-days. This means you have to reinstall the certificate every 90-days or you will get a connection error like this one. 

The fix here is to update the LetsEncrypt certificate completely (new CSR, private key, etc.) on your server. Alternatively, you can purchase an SSL from GoDaddy and you won't have to worry about it for a year or whatever term you purchase.

I hope that helps!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Thank you very much Joe!

The SSL expiring was my issue. I did not know that SSLs expire and I was never contacted about it.

I went through the LetsEncrypt process again and my website is back up.

Thank you very much. 🙂

Super User III
Super User III

Sure thing. Glad I could help!

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Mine is down,  but SSL is not expired? Just dissapeared????

Davidwellons1114@gmail.com