cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you create a Subdomain for an addon domain?

I can create subdomains on my main domain no problem but it is not working for my addon domain?

In the Subdomain section I can select the addon domain from the dropdown and point to the correct directory but the address just will not work.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can you create a Subdomain for an addon domain?

Hi @dru1313,

Thanks for posting. What is the error message you are getting? If you can provide additional details others in the community may be able to provide you with suggestions. 

Lisi - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

I am not getting an error. I can create the subdomain for my add on domain but the address just does not work. I get cannot connect to server from my browser.

I'm experiencing the same. Did you find any solution?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@breathe_design @dru1313 When you add a subdomain to a cPanel account, it should automatically create the needed DNS records for the subdomain to work if the domain is in the same GoDaddy account and using GoDaddy nameservers. If that's not the case, you may need to manually add the needed DNS records. If that isn't part of the issue you're having, feel free to provide more information, including any domains/subdomains that are involved. That may help others offer further suggestions. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.