cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanner314
Novice

Cannot Create cPanel account

The green next button on page 3 of the Hosting tab for the cPanel login creation is grayed out and I cannot select next. Is anyone else having this trouble?

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Cannot Create cPanel account

If you're not able to select the "Next" button, that typically indicates that the content in the fields do not meet the necessary criteria to continue.  You'll want to take a look at the fields and make sure they are completely filled in and the information is correct. Once everything is filled in and meets the requirements, that next button should activate for you.  ^M

FionaR
Novice

I am having the exact same problem.  All the fields are showing up as correct but the next button isn't an option.  Have you found a fix for this?  Thanks!

Hi, just to clarify this is not an issue within our system. I suggest trying another browser and see if that helps. If not, please give our support team a call to take a look. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
MahmoodUAE
Apprentice

Hello,

Yesterday I purchased a "Deluxe Linux Hosting with cPanel" package and have faced the same issue. I had a couple of hours with online support via the chat and they had to do something to fix the issue. Then for some reason I couldn't login to manage the hosting. I kept getting the error of timed out when trying to access: https://a2plcpnl0746.prod.iad2.secureserver.net . It takes too long to load.

AS requested by support I've reset my router, modem, cleared caches and changes browsers but nothing works. Even over 4G on my mobile I still can't get in.

Totally frustrated I've selected to reset the hosting and now I'm back to square one and can't get passed the greyed out NEXT button on trying to setup up a cPanel account.

Isn't there an easier way to work this out?

Hey @MahmoodUAE,

Sorry to hear about that recent experience you're having with the hosting plan.

Commonly I see this error occur if you're using username that is already recognized as a taken name within the shared hosting environment. If this was the name you used when you first setup the account, it might not have been full removed from the back end yet as the automated process for removal takes a little time to complete. 

If it's already been a few hours and you still can't complete the setup with that name, you'll need to reach out to our live support so our hosting team can help correct that for you.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
deano
Novice

Yes i have the same problem
deano
Novice

I have the same problem

I have the same problem, tried yesterday and again today, and even changed my laptop and tried to do it from my phone but still the same thing. 

Was a solution found to this? 

ingejones
Skilled

I can't even find how to *begin* adding cpanel!  So I got even less far than you guys

mklymiuk
Novice

I also have this problem in all browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox). Have clear caches and restarted computer/internet connection. Really irritated - particularly considering original post went up a week ago and GoDaddy still have not fixed. Love paying for a product that doesn't work.

mila
Novice

Hi, I have the same problem, if you not fix it soon, I will spread out on the internet so ppl won't buy things that do not work. Also I will demand refund. This is outrageous.

Vu
Novice

I have the same problem.

Vu
Novice

Hi Mila,

I did solve my problem.

Instead you create your own password, I suggest you will select the button to generate the password. After that you well see the NEXT button active.

Regards,

Vu

mklymiuk
Novice

Thanks Vu

This worked for me too. Outrageous that this has remained unanswered by GoDaddy for so long though. 

You're a star!

MicroW
Skilled

Finally managed to create an account after an hour of trying.

For all of you who are still having trouble just click the "Generate Password" button and let Godaddy create a random password for you and then you'll be able to click the "Next" button.

ZuJa1330
Novice

Hi guys,

I ma meeting with the same problem, the button Next is just gray and I ma not able to go though the set up of the C panel. In which step did you let the godaddy chose the password pls?

Thank you

ejaw
Novice

thank you very much

GeekRex
Novice

No it won't!!! I am about to the point of asking for a refund of my money and moving my accounts.

GeekRex
Novice

And I'm going to wait on hold for 45 minutes? NOT!!!

I am having the same issue. I tired different browsers. All I am trying to do is simply CREATE the cpaenl account so I can get strted with the hosting of my web page.

wingman723
Novice

I have a related issue. I am able to complete the cPanel setup, up to where the application gives the, "Your part is done... we have what we need" message. I've gone through this step a half dozen times over the course of the past week and still have no accessible cPanel for managing the hosting account. This is not a browser issue.

jean2017
Novice

I just renewed to a new plan and the next button is greyed out, so I cannot move forward.

sgurug78
Novice

esRe: Cannot Create cPanel account

yes this works... Thanks

snaix93
Novice

Bug at creating hosting cpanel

I can't create a new cpanel because my login is not unique. I have tried logins like ************ but button unique was unchecked. Second bug is when you are writing your cpanel login, the page is redirecting you to the page "Choose your domain". Can someone give me an example of unique login to see if that checkbox that i am playing for 1 hour is working??

pbrigitte
Novice

I'm having the same issue. I just generate a random, impossible password so I can hit next, and then when it's all the way through I get back to the screen that asks if I'm ready to set up. I'm waiting for a call back now.

sabic
Novice

Same problem I can't create a Cpanel. 4 diferent browsers. I think is time Godaddy solve this issue or add a help with a path to create Cpanel. Something so simple can't be so complicate. There a lot of customer with same problem.

rohit473
Novice

I'm having a slightly different problem.

On the same page, it is not accepting my login name

even though it meets all the criteria

lower case and it includes a number

if i start typing, the box turns red and the screen exits after the 5th letter or so

I tried cut and paste, but it accepts it turns red and exits after that

So all those tips for creating your own pass are complete rubbish. You must use their random generated pass as it is the only known method to access a green "next" button.

elan
Novice

i'm having the same problem. what to do.. guide me.

elan
Novice

Re: Bug at creating hosting cpanel

same problem...frustrated

BWD
Novice

Re: Bug at creating hosting cpanel

Had same problem.  password had a ? in it - and changed to a ! and it worked.  But now - once I'm in and updating files, I am not able to save them once changes are made in the html editor.  Anyone else having that problem?  Checked file permissions and all are marked - so shouldn't be a problem.  HELP!!!!!!

jacq
Novice

I had this issue. I was able to create my own password, and instead of clicking the Next button (which was never selectable), I just hit "enter" on my keyboard and it moved to the next screen.

Undue, unnecessary confusion. they really need to fix this...

liilynjia
Novice

I also met the same problem.

You can try to add a symbol in your password even though it's not been asked.  

After I did this, the "Next" button can be clicked. 

Novice

Thanks, this solved my problem!

AsteroidGS
Novice

thank you solved my issue Smiley Happy

banuso
Tinkerer

thanks your method worked for me too. Programming error i think

sohel
Novice

can't create cpanel.

Hi I am md sohel sheikh,

when I try to create cpanel with my domain.  I see domain is invalid.  but I bought the domain and hosting from godaddy. my domain is যুগান্তর.com.   please solve the problem. I many call the hotline of godaddy but my problem no solve.  if can't solve the problem send back my money.  thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can't create cpanel.

Hi @sohel,

Because you are using none Latin characters or numbers. Please either use Latin letters or numbers. 

Support can issue a refund within 30 days.... but you have to contact support directly.

Cat Very Happy “I must politely inform you that I am NOT a Godaddy employee, just a freelance developer trying to help out a little when I can. Have a nice day!” Cat Very Happy

IvyA
Novice

,Re: Cannot Create cPanel account

Hi

Were you finally able to set up cpanel?

realdeal
Novice

realdeal