cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New

Change Add On Domain HomePage

At some point I set up my addon domain to use the myDomain/blog sub directory as the starting page.

Now I want to put my HTML website with Index.html in the Addon Domain root directory and load wordpress seperately through myDomian/blog but www.myDomain.com keeps redirecting straight to myDomain/blog. I cant see any .htaccess files anymore?

How do I set the starting page for the addon domain? I tried deleting everything and rebuilding but its still doing it... TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Change Add On Domain HomePage

Hi @Cook. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! 

It's hard to say what's going on in your case. If you're hosted on Linux, a .htaccess file is usually what causes the redirects for WordPress sites. If you're not seeing one, it would be difficult to troubleshoot without seeing your actual account and files. One thing to keep in mind is that Linux has a specific order in which it loads files. You can see more about that here. You may want to see if you have another file that is loading first and causing a redirect. Other than that, you may want to get in touch with our customer care team so they can take a closer look. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

Re: Change Add On Domain HomePage

Thanks! I think I just needed  a sleep, I checked again today and my index.html was "Index.html" the capitilisation was bugging it out and it was finding the wordpress first. All fixed now! Smiley Happy