cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Changing cPanel password solved my memory and i/o problems

A couple of weeks ago I was getting terrible problems on my WordPress site which is on shared hosting with Godaddy where memory (512mb) and I/O were maxing out, leading to time-outs or very long load times.

Long story short, after deleting loads of the plugins and changing the theme, no improvement was found.

However, once I had changed my cPanel password, the site loading returned to normal and the site now loads in seconds.

I have no idea why.

2 REPLIES 2
Skilled IV
Skilled IV

Re: Changing cPanel password solved my memory and i/o problems

Hello @Splinter and thank you for reaching out to the GoDaddy Community. 

That's interesting that changing your cPanel password increased your performance. I'll make sure to keep that in my notes. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
Solution

Re: Changing cPanel password solved my memory and i/o problems

Yes, it is interesting and I have no idea why this should be the case, but I'm happy it solved the problem.

If anything it's also reminded me that keeping my passwords up to date is no bad thing either.