cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Changing my hosting plan. Cpanel hosting for minimal extra charge?

I have purchased Managed wordpress hosting plan for my website but there is no Cpanel in managed hosting, so is there any way i can change my plan to Cpanel hosting for minimal extra charge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

You can absolutely swap your plan @Mandaar. My suggestion would be to contact support via phone or chat as typically this is not something you can do as a customer. If you have your account number and PIN ready you will be ahead of the game. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

You can absolutely swap your plan @Mandaar. My suggestion would be to contact support via phone or chat as typically this is not something you can do as a customer. If you have your account number and PIN ready you will be ahead of the game. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Super User IV

@Mandaar 

As @rd  said you can change what platform you are on - support will need to help with the billing side of things.

Keep in mind you are dealing with 2 different platforms and will need to export / re-import your site also cPanel and Managed WordPress are very different.

While both are "shared" services Managed WordPress is designed to be optimized to run WordPress and also not have the overhead of cPanel. Here are some of the things that Managed WordPress has over cPanel

1) Free SSL Certificate (Ultimate Package)

2) Nightly backup of database / file system (all plans)

3) CDN for speed optimization 

Is there something specific you are looking for / expecting with Managed WordPress??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community