cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I

Clone or duplicate a cpanel based website

I have a website on a shared server with GoDaddy, that is cPanel based. I would actually like to take that exact website, which is PHP and mySQL based, and copy it to a second GoDaddy shared hosting platform. I would like to know if this is possible. For instance if I could do a FULL backup of the sight, purchase another hosting from GoDaddy, and then restore that FULL backup website onto the new shared hosting server and it all will run smoothly without added configuration.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Clone or duplicate a cpanel based website

Yes it is possible to move the website however the question I would like to know is why do you want to make the move to another platform? 

is it in order to get the website cloned to a different domain?

Mike L. | WebPro
Highlighted
Helper I

@Amadeuslopezart,

I have a developer that I am not 100% sure about.

Each time he makes an improvement to the site I want to be sure I can have the exact some site running at another domain. I don't want to have to spend all kinds of time configuring the secondary cloned site.

So, I want to take the working site, click a button to back it up, and ideally click a different button in the cPanel of the new goDaddy cPanel host account and the site would be up and running there.

Highlighted

HI,

I'm also looking at doing this for the same reasons,  so my developer doesn't stuff up my main site.   can you tell me how to clone a site to a secondary domain (all within GoDaddy).  thanks, Mark