cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Connect to Firebird external database

Hello!  I need to connect my web site to a firebird external database. I create a script to test and it work in my local enviroment, but don't work in my goodady cpanel. Please Help Me.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Connect to Firebird external database

Hi @miguelf90. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! This should be possible as far as I know. You can try sharing your database connection script here. That may help others in the community take a look and offer suggestions. I'd also recommend sharing the domain of your website. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Thanks @JesseW for your reply!

This is my code:

$db = $_POST['host'] . ':' . $_POST['uri'];
$username = $_POST['user'];
$password = $_POST['password'];
// Connect to database
$dbh = ibase_connect($db, $username, $password);
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM USUARIOS';
// Execute query
$rc = ibase_query($dbh, $sql);
// Get the result row by row as object
while ($row = ibase_fetch_object($rc)) {
  echo "$row->NOMBRE<br />";
}
// Release the handle associated with the result of the query
ibase_free_result($rc);
// Release the handle associated with the connection
ibase_close($dbh);

I'm using this URL: http://test-valery-connection.mafcleo.com/

This Script should to show a users list. I can't to comunicate with my local Firebird database.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@miguelf90 - I don't see any obvious problems, but I'm not familiar enough with this type of connection to make a suggestion myself. Someone like @MrVapor might know. It may also help to know what kind of error you're getting when you try to execute the script (if any). 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@miguelf90,

What type of hosting are you on? This kind of thing, to my very limited knowledge on the subject, usually requires certain ports to be open. Based on my research, it should go on port 3050. If you're on a shared hosting environment, that may not be possible, as I'm pretty sure that port is closed. (You'll want to verify with phone or chat support, most likely.) The solution if this is the case is to purchase VPS or Dedicated Server hosting.

Unfortunately, my script writing skills are hot garbage. I don't see anything wrong with what you've written here, though. Nothing that I can see that would cause conflicts anyway. I'm willing to bet it's the port.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Community Manager
Community Manager

@miguelf90  @MrVapor may be right. The only time I've successfully seen a website hosted on our shared hosting connect to an external database, it was with a WordPress install using a MySQL database hosted externally. I can verify that port 3050 wouldn't be open if your database requires that specifically.