cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cpanel inadequate because plan is old. How to fix?

Hello,
I had 2 sites hosted by GoDaddy on seperate Economy Web Hosting Linux plans:
I recently became aware that the Cpanel for my two sites have much fewer of the functions that I see on GoDaddy training sites, or on Youtube training videos. On videos, every else has a TTS/SSL section. My Cpanel has no TTS/SSL section at all! And I need use this to upgrade from http to https. After a lot of work, it seems that my Cpanel is missing important pieces (the TTS/SSL section is only one of them).
The reason is because I am a long-time customer!!!!
It seems that my original Economy Web Hosting Linux plan is so old it does not support the extra functions, and godaddy does not automatically upgrade their longtime customers
I discovered this here:
https://uk.godaddy.com/community/SSL-And-Security/Accessing-SSL-TLS-in-Control-Panel/td-p/65169

Because of this severe problem, I already cancelled one of my 2 sites on GoDaddy. I was about to cancel the other one and move it to another hosting company, but then I started wondering, can I do the following?
1. Cancel the goDaddy hosting for my site.
2. Purchase a new Economy Web Hosting Linux plan from godaddy that provides all the CPanel features.
3. Upload my HTML files again with the new hosting plan and all the Cpanel features.

So, my questions are:
1. Is the above possible?
2. If I do this, am I assured of getting the full CPanel features?
3. Is there a better way of getting the full CPanel features?
4. If I do the above, will it affect the email accounts associated with my remaining site?
5. Is there an easier way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@justCurious 

The short answer is yes that you can do that but you need to manually transfer everything.

The longer answer is that the Linux Web Hosting did not have cPanel persay, but rather GoDaddy's own version of it. The new "shared" servers include cPanel so you get the standard cpanel you see in youtube videos etc.

You also get newer hardware etc.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV

@justCurious 

The short answer is yes that you can do that but you need to manually transfer everything.

The longer answer is that the Linux Web Hosting did not have cPanel persay, but rather GoDaddy's own version of it. The new "shared" servers include cPanel so you get the standard cpanel you see in youtube videos etc.

You also get newer hardware etc.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Thank you PL281. So I guess canceling the plan is the only way to get around this problem. I'm a bit shocked that the same GoDaddy plan provides users with different benefits and their longest users get the worst deal, but if this is the case then I guess the only solution is to cancel hosting and decide whether to continue hosting with GoDaddy or someone else. I was hoping there was a simpler way. Thank you again.