cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Cron Job stopped working all of the sudden, won't work, seems php path was changed

I had this Cron job working for a couple of months every minute:

/usr/bin/php -q /home/[admin user]/public_html/cron.php

Today around 14h (I log cron calls, last one was 14:23) it stopped working. I only noticed past midnight so it didn't work for over 6h.

It is still not working, I tried changing the path to other alternatives such as /usr/local/bin/php but no joy.

Cron jobs, however, are working. I added a temporary solution by calling the script with curl, which is not ideal because I had to open access for that page from outside, but it works for now:

curl http://[my_site]/cron.php

So, what gives, why direct call stopped working? Nothing seems to have changed on my server. I don't want to leave my cron script open like that.

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Re: Cron Job stopped working all of the sudden, won't work, seems php path was changed

@Caiobrz  See this post and perhaps it's the same thing you're experiencing:

Cron Jobs Stopped Working

Re: Cron Job stopped working all of the sudden, won't work, seems php path was changed

Yes, seems to be exactly that. I don't know if its scary or a relief that so many people are affected. Scary because Godaddy isn't doing anything to address this system-wide and seems to still have trouble understanding the issue, relief that its not me?

I will see if I have time to call their support tomorrow, but if it takes too long I guess I leave the curl call.