cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DNS Management for addon domain

I'm attempting to setup a domain as an addon, but when I do so through cPanel, I get this error:

(XID zy929g) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

I've tried setting the addon domain to the same nameserver and IP address as the main domain, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. What do I need to do differently?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: DNS Management for addon domain

Hey @fibericon,

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this error code. You say it was generated within your cPanel shared hosting account? Perhaps the domain addon is not pointed to the correct authoritative nameservers. If the domain is registered elsewhere, you should be able to locate the correct nameservers to point to through our help article here.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: DNS Management for addon domain

Like I said, I used the same name servers, and IP address, as the main domain. I was wondering if there was a different setup I should be using for addon domains.