cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Deluxe cPanel Hosting - How can I create my second website?

Hi GoDaddy great community,

I am new in building website and managing hosting etc. I would put myself a rating of 2/10 in regards to this matter. This is why I need your help. 

I have created my first website. And now I would like to create a second one. How may I do it? I have domain name already. Can anyone list me simple steps to take/switch between my new site to my previous site etc?

Is it has something to do with addon domain? I am really clueless here. 

Thank you so much for anyone out there that can help me. Very much appreciated. 

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Azwan

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Deluxe Hosting - How can I create my second website?

Hi @WanAzwan. It sounds like you're using our cPanel hosting. If you want to host a second site on a cPanel plan, you would just need to add the domain as an addon. If the domain is registered within your GoDaddy account, our system should take care of pointing the domain toward the hosting. Then you would just need to upload your site to the directory you specified when adding the domain. By default, this is in the form of /public_html/[domainname.com]. The way you would switch between editing the sites depends largely on how you are building them. If you can provide more information on what you're using to build the site, that may help others provide you with a suggestion. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Hi @JesseW,

Thanks for your guidance. Indeed I'm using GoDaddy cPanel hosting. 

I have managed to add the domain as an addon (picture 1). However, may I know how and what do you mean by "Then you would just need to upload your site to the directory you specified when adding the domain. By default, this is in the form of /public_html/[domainname.com]."? 

I don't know how to change my site from the one I'm using now. I'm using wordpress to build the site. 

Not sure if this info is helpful but when I access my 'domain' now via url - it will show as forbidden (picture 2)

Addon Domain.JPGForbidden.JPG

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@WanAzwan - So in the example you're providing, you'll need to make sure you but your website files in the directory /public_html/wanazwan.com. If you're starting with a fresh WordPress install and you use Installatron (the built-in application installer in cPanel) to install WordPress, you should be able to choose (the built-in feature in cPanel) wanazwan.com as the domain you want to use. That should put your website files in the right place. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.