cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Did GoDaddy inject this script into my page?

When viewing my page's source code I noticed a small js script added at the bottom that I didn't put there. It claims to be monitoring my performance and to 'contact hosting to opt-out' but it doesn't mention GoDaddy, is this legit?

<script>

'undefined'=== typeof _trfq || (window._trfq = []);'undefined'=== typeof _trfd && (window._trfd=[]),_trfd.push({'tccl.baseHost':'secureserver.net'}),_trfd.push({'ap':'cpsh'},{'server':'a2plcpnl0938'})

// Monitoring performance to make your website faster. If you want to opt-out, please contact web hosting support.

</script>

<script src='https://img1.wsimg.com/tcc/tcc_l.combined.1.0.6.min.js'></script>

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
New

UPDATE: I talked to tech support and they told me this is legitimate and was put there by GoDaddy.

View solution in original post

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to clarify that this was a script that we had in place, but we have disabled it for all accounts. In the future, we may use it again but it will only be on an opt-in basis. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

4 REPLIES 4
New

UPDATE: I talked to tech support and they told me this is legitimate and was put there by GoDaddy.

Duit

Reverse engineering of GoDaddy's tracking script just posted at YCombinator's Hacker News

as posted at:

https://lolware.net/2019/01/14/godaddy-tracking-code.html

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to clarify that this was a script that we had in place, but we have disabled it for all accounts. In the future, we may use it again but it will only be on an opt-in basis. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.