cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Economy Linux Hosting with Cpanel not recognising any files in Root directory

Hello,

I recently purchased a Economy Linux hosting  with CPanel package. The service worked flawlessly for the first 2 weeks, but after updating the website files in the document root two days ago (10.01.2018), i could not access them via browser. When trying to connect to the website (www.banbags.net) the browser displays a "Can't find server" error (this happens on all my devices so it isn't a browser problem) and when trying to access it with the servers numerical ip i am simply redirected to the "Home of something quite cool." page instead of the index.php page, even though everything is correctly set up.

Strangely enough CPanel, the CPanle mail server and all CPanel functions (including SSH and FTP access) work correctly and recognise all files and directories. There are no error logs to be found in the CPanel error section.

I tried resetting the server and re-uploading my files multiple times but for some reason the website is correctly displayed just for a few hours, after which the same problem presents itself over and over again.

I already contacted live support and i was told it was a DNS problem, but, as already mentioned, even when using the numerical IP the same problem occurs.

I can't seem to find and fix the problem so I'm hoping the community might be able to help.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
3fk
Former Employee

Re: Economy Linux Hosting with Cpanel not recognising any files in Root directory

Hello @MarcelFerrari  it looks properly set and dns is good, it shows a coming soon page.

You may test if it runs with simple html by uploading index.html under public_html/

If you think you needed more help we got Godaddy Hosting Chat Supports readyon top.

Warm Regards,

Joven -- 🙂

Solution

Re: Economy Linux Hosting with Cpanel not recognising any files in Root directory

@3fk
Hello Joven ,
First of all thanks for taking the time to answer!
I tried resetting the server for the 4th time and for some reason it seems to be working properly now. I will mark this question as solved and will update this post if anything happens.
Thanks again! 🙂
3fk
Former Employee

@MarcelFerrari Glad to hear !

My pleasure to help.

--Joven 🙂

thank you sooo much