cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Error 403 after hosting

Good day!

Please assist me with a problem I am having.

Firstly I had bought a windows plan to host a joomla website. But kept getting error 403 forbidden. Then I decided to upgrade to the cpanel plan. But before hosting, I checked if I will continue to get the same error and it did show once more. Then I contacted a chat online desk for help, and  they say that the problem won't continue to persist and it was not issue. So then they sent me the guidelines on how to host a site on cpanel. I followed the instructions and hosted to the public_html. Now I get the same error after loading the site on the browser. May you please assist with this:

1. Was I suppose to install the joomla applications first?Is the problem caused by this or what?

2. Is the problem due to the fact that the site is still calling the information from the old site and windows plan, which I never deleted. Should i have followed certain steps to deleting that side, so that when I installed the cpanel, it should start calling from the cpanel the folder?

3 REPLIES 3
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Error 403 after Hosting

@kopanop,

Was the migration of Joomla website from Windows to Linux successful...

Have you changed Joomla settings to reflect the new server?, and also .HTACCESS...

Looking forward to hear from you...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
----->NEXIA

Migration. I do remember migrating. All remember is just going to web hosting and following the steps leading to cpanel. The step were I input data was of the domain. Joomla settings? I did not install joomla, I just uploaded my files into the public_html. Do I have to install joomla?

Apparently I am also suppose to change the DNS to A in manage zones. But in my settings, I do not see where to change the records

Helper V
Helper V
Solution

@kopanop,

https://docs.joomla.org/Copying_a_Joomla_website

Please read the above article about moving Joomla from one location to another...

The A record must be added at your Registrar control panel...

Who is your domain Registrar?...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
----->NEXIA