cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension not making new folder at godaddy Only

My client hosting is Delux Hosting

We had used Joomla for building our website

Issue is

I am using this simpel file uploader in our website.

https://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/core-enhancements/file-management/simple-file-upl...

It allow us to auto create a seperate folder for each user who upload a file and place files there.

This function is working fine at local host and i do tested it on some other server too and its working fine and for every upload by new user seperate folder is created.

But once i put the same script (same website without any change) at godaddy , it does not create a seperate folder? rather each file is saved in same parent direcotry.

So issue is why same script is running good at other server but godaddy issue.

Is there any file creating restriction issues at godaddy? Might be extension tried to create a directory with 777 (but not sure ) so will this cause any issue

Any idea what can be wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Extension not making new folder at godaddy Only

Hi @muddasirmunir. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! I'm not familiar with that particular extension, but perhaps it needs a specific PHP version or module to work. You can manage your PHP version and modules in cPanel by clicking "select PHP version" in the software section of the cPanel dashboard. You may need to check with the extension's publisher to find out if it needs any specific modules. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I  check it work on different php version with no issue, yes, the thing i noted is its try to create a folder with permision 777

so will that causing issue? if so how can we allow to create a 777 folder in godaddy?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@muddasirmunir - There shouldn't be a problem with creating directories with the 777 permission. If you want to edit the permissions for files or directories, you can do so in the cPanel File Manager or via your FTP client using CHMOD if your client supports it. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.