Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? My site (goliadmedia.net) resolves fine, but I can't log into WordPress. GoDaddy chat support would only identify the problem — no idea how to fix this without getting into WordPress.

Enabled debug mode and dashboard is resolving with core file error
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot create references to/from string offsets in /home/goliadmedia/public_html/wp-includes/user.php:56 Stack trace: #0 /home/goliadmedia/public_html/wp-login.php(775): wp_signon('', '') #1 {main} thrown in /home/goliadmedia/public_html/wp-includes/user.php on line 56

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@darinbradley 

I would suggest

1) Download the latest version of WordPress from wordpress.org

2) Make sure you have a backup of your site
3) Delete the wp-includes folder, wp-admin folder and all the files except for wp-config.php in the root of the site

then upload / extract the zip file and then move the wp-includes, wp-admin and the files from the root of the wordpress folder back to the root of the site

you should now be back up and running - then install the WordFence plugin and run a scan I suspect you have a malware plugin on the site.

If you have multiple WordPress sites on this server make sure to scan them all

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

I'll give that a try and report back. Thanks!

@PL281 Okay, I tried this process, and now I'm getting a very arcane error message. Any thoughts? The latest version of WordPress is now in there. At this point, I don't even care if I lose the site; I just want to be able to log in to WordPress and start over if I have to.

Warning: require_once(/home/goliadmedia/public_html/wp-includes/cache.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/goliadmedia/public_html/wp-includes/load.php on line 688

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/goliadmedia/public_html/wp-includes/cache.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php74/usr/share/pear') in /home/goliadmedia/public_html/wp-includes/load.php on line 688

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

@darinbradley 

Didn't get an alert on your reply - so I would just double check for that cache file - for some reach it may not have pulled in from the zip - but that is a VERY good specific error to see / be able to fix

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community