Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eric_v
New

Forwarded Emails Sent by Mail Clients Not Being Received

I have an email account via cPanel. I receive mail sent to that address without problems.

I have forwarders set up under that same cPanel. I also have forwarders for another domain hosted under a separate GoDaddy account under a managed WordPress account (not cPanel).

Emails sent to the forwarders by actual people using mail clients (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo) that are supposed to reach my mailbox never make it. They aren't rejected, they just never reach the mailbox.

Emails sent to the forwarders by systems (e.g. Square, PayPal) make it to my mailbox.

Other mailboxes outside of our cPanel mailbox that are the targets of the same forwarders receive all emails (whether from real people or systems).

Ideas?!? 

Thanks!

Eric

4 REPLIES 4
PL281
Super User IV

@eric_v 

What is your domain that has the mailboxes and what are the domain that is forwarded??

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

The domain with the mailboxes is charlieandecho.com

A legit mailbox there is REMOVED FOR PRIVACY 

There are multiple forwarding addresses there also, one is REMOVED FOR PRIVACY  that forwards to the echo mailbox.

The above are all set up under cPanel.

Another forwarder set up under a different account and domain using the GoDaddy forwarding feature (not cPanel) is REMOVED FOR PRIVACY  which forwards to REMOVED FOR PRIVACY 

The echo mailbox receives mail sent to these forwarding addresses whenever a system generated email is created (e.g. Mailchimp, Square) but not when a mail client is used (e.g. Yahoo, Gmail). 

Other recipients of the forwarders @sipsandiego.com (mailboxes not hosted @charlieandecho.com) are receiving forwarded mail regardless of the sender.

Thanks!

Eric

@eric_v 

So I just sent 3 test messages (with different subjects) to the 3 emails - 

The Good news is none of them bounced back - let me know if you receive any of them - there could be something going on with the cpanel account

but let's start with this

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

@PL281 Thanks. I replied to the first two that came through, but haven't seen one via the sipsandiego.com forwarding. That's one better than I have gotten (none of the forwarders worked). I never get a bounce back when I try - the emails just go into a hole.

Thanks!

Eric