cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GD will only upsell you if their shared IP is black listed

The IP assigned to my cPanel instance has been listed on a RBL due to malicious activity on another customers site that shares the same IP. I have contacted GD on two occasions to try to address the problem and the representatives insist I upgrade my plan so I have a dedicated IP. I understand that this will bypass the problem, but my real issue is WHY should I have to pay more money because of another customers poor site maintenance. GD should contact the offending sites account holder and give them a grace period to clean up their site so it gets removed from the RBL or risk suspension.
When you purchase a hosting platform your expectation would be that the IP associated with it doesn't have these kind of issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Helper I

Re: GD will only upsell you if their shared IP is black listed

You could back up your website and reset the hosting plan. When you set it up again it will be put on a different server. *Probably*

Sycoti, I appreciate your input and am fully aware of steps I could take to get around the issue. I'm just venting how stunned I am that GD doesn't care that a customers rogue site is potentially effecting the service of dozens of other innocent customers sites by no fault of their own. And they make it the effected customers problem to skirt instead of dealing with the root cause.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ksavoie. Thanks for reaching out. If you reach out to support to report a bad IP address, they should report it to our internal security team for review. However, I will say that most of the time these IP lists are temporary and that our security team is always looking for this type of activity, even without customers reporting it. It's very possible that the security team is already aware. If you continue to have this issue, please do connect with our hosting support team so they can generate the report to the appropriate department. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.