Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buckeyeamy
Getting Started

Help with importing databases

I am in the process of migrating from Managed Wordpress Hosting to regular cPanel Hosting. I have imported all of my files via FTP and am currently trying to import the databases. I have created a new database and am using the IMPORT option on phpMyAdmin. My database is 11.4MB.

After selecting the file and clicking GO, the little process wheel will spin for about a minute and then the screen will go blank. 

Here are 2 screenshots:

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2135594/23f902c316ecd64c970c45cef9b41865

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2135595/05793cdce6b74ba0b559277b1694d142

My temporary domain is showing this error message: Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @buckeyeamy,

so are you trying to first dump your database or upload the dumped db with Wordpress? Try first exporting the database to your desktop home pc. Name it myDB.sql or something like that. Then with PhpMyAdmin try and import it. 

Whenever I hear that flipping Wordpress I hear trouble. This should be an easy task!

I downloaded my database from Managed Wordpress to my desktop and now I am trying to import that database through phpMyAdmin.

Retired
Not applicable

Hi,

and therein probably lies the problem. Can you not also export your database with phpMyAdmin to your desktop? 

That is exactly what I did. My database was exported using the Managed Wordpress phpMyAdmin to my desktop. It is a SQL file. Now I am trying to import it back into my new cPanel hosting. 

I just started over from scratch. I re-exported my database using the Managed Wordpress phpMyAdmin and saved the sql file (f4dd2831670487.sql) to my desktop. Using the MySQL Database Wizard, I created a new database with the name f4dd2831670487. Then, I attempted to import the file into my new database using the cPanel phpMyAdmin. This time, I am receiving a brand new error. See the screenshot below....

http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2135720/f13a6522cc9e7275dc155dc5fd86290d

Big improvement! The database imported, but there are still some errors. I'll paste them below.

Error

SQL query:

--
-- Dumping data for table `wp_rdjxyc5ngf_adrotate_stats_archive`
--
-- --------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Table structure for table `wp_rdjxyc5ngf_adrotate_transactions`
--
CREATE TABLE `wp_rdjxyc5ngf_adrotate_transactions` (

`id` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`ad` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`user` MEDIUMINT( 8 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`reference` VARCHAR( 100 ) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci NOT NULL ,
`note` LONGTEXT COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci NOT NULL ,
`billed` INT( 15 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`paid` INT( 15 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`amount` DOUBLE NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
`budget` CHAR( 1 ) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT 'U',
PRIMARY KEY ( `id` ) ,
KEY `ad` ( `ad` )

) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8mb4 COLLATE = utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci AUTO_INCREMENT =1;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1273 - Unknown collation: 'utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci'