cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Hosting renewal price

Good afternoon, an email arrived to renew the hosting that I have contracted but I see that the renewal price of is more expensive than that of hiring a new one, is this so?

If I hire a new hosting, what is the difference?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@Ramon1 

Most hosting companies provide you a discount on your first payment.  Whether that be  your first month or if you sign up for a year.  After that time-frame, the price goes to the normal price. 

You can see this when you look at the packages -- like on this page.

I guess you can cancel your current hosting, and order a new hosting account to save.  But that would require downloading your site/files and redoing everything on the new hosting account. 

Next time, however, make your first sign-up term as long as you can afford to take advantage of that introductory pricing. 😉

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@Ramon1 

Most hosting companies provide you a discount on your first payment.  Whether that be  your first month or if you sign up for a year.  After that time-frame, the price goes to the normal price. 

You can see this when you look at the packages -- like on this page.

I guess you can cancel your current hosting, and order a new hosting account to save.  But that would require downloading your site/files and redoing everything on the new hosting account. 

Next time, however, make your first sign-up term as long as you can afford to take advantage of that introductory pricing. 😉

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post