cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How I can upgrade my php 5.3 to 5.6?

The support is horrible. The chat about web hosting is the most time off line and don't exist e-mail support for customer. I am in Brasil to work and here GoDaddy answer minimum after 72h BUT last time I received answer after more dias.

There is here a very gentle person that explain to me how to upgrade from PHP 5.3 to 5.6?

Inside help area I don't found nothing.

10 REPLIES 10
Helper I
Helper I
Solution

Re: How I can upgrade my php 5.3 to 5.6?

Hi,

You move from whatever hosting you have to cPanel Linux hosting.

New

I have only 5.3 php version! PHP Upgrade?

In my account I have only 5.3 php version! How to upgrade to 5.6? Thanks a lot!php
upload photo

Product Team
Product Team

@ldf1311

Exciting news to all GoDaddy cPanel users. Your account is now updated with the latest PHP 7.0 and 7.1! If you want to update, login to your cPanel dashboard. Then under the Software heading click “Select PHP version”. In the top left of the PHP selection page use the dropdown the PHP version you want and click set as current. You are now ready to go! But a heads-up before you update, I recommend you check you site for compatibility first. If you have any questions our customer support team is happy to help 24/7. Just call (480) 505-8877.

- Paul Seguritan, cPanel Product Manager

Product Team
Product Team

@ldf1311

PHP 5.6 is now available for you to upgrade to within the UI.

But a heads-up before you update, I recommend you check you site for compatibility first. If you have any questions our customer support team is happy to help 24/7. Just call (480) 505-8877.

- Paul Seguritan, Product Manager

New

i get this error for upgrading my settings with new php 7.1 from the older version. my web page now does not appear only this text message.. what went wrong..

website error ... Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /home/makemoney2012/public_html/lib/global_lib.php on line 56

New

PHP 7 and 7.1 is now available!
Get the latest version and update today.
Note: We recommend checking your site compatibility before making the update.
i did and still ended up with my website page show this fatal error
New

Paul, thank you for this. I have a "Hosting - WordPress - Economy - 1" site and WP is urging me to upgrade to PHP 5.6 or 7.1, but I'm at a loss where to do that. Is it even possible with my product? The GoDaddy site is vast, and the range of products is huge. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not very bright so, if it's necessary for me to somehow switch to another product, I'd be grateful for a little detail as to how to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

More than 3 hours with this... I think that's no normal... phpver.jpg

Where is there guidance for checking a site for compatibility with a new version of PHP?

Hi ,

I also have this problem,but my host is without cPanel,How could I slove this?