cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How can I upgrade cPanel in Ultimate Linux Hosting?

Hi all! I have Ultimate Linux Hosting with cPanel. I bought this a few years ago and it came with cPanel 78. The current version of cPanel is 88. How can I upgrade to a more recent version of cPanel? Thanks for any help you can offer me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@StevensMiller 

Short Answer: this is something GoDaddy has to do from their side.

Longer Answer: the version of cPanel is controlled at the server level (above each cPanel account) - there is a limit of what version cPanel can goto on CentOS 6 which I am assuming is what the server is running hence the reason you are still on 78.x

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User IV

@StevensMiller 

Short Answer: this is something GoDaddy has to do from their side.

Longer Answer: the version of cPanel is controlled at the server level (above each cPanel account) - there is a limit of what version cPanel can goto on CentOS 6 which I am assuming is what the server is running hence the reason you are still on 78.x

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Well, that's pretty clear, if somewhat disappointing. I spent rather a long time in GoDaddy's chat window, never getting an answer this straight. Much appreciated.

In the very next version (80), cPanel added a toggle to "Force HTTPS redirect." What I've done is put a couple of WordPress blogs on my Linux server, supporting two add-on domains. I bought SSLs for them and they do permit visitors to use https. But they don't auto-redirect if someone uses http (which leads to scary warnings). I added the below to the .htaccess file in the directories where WordPress is installed, but it had no effect. Any other suggestions for me? (And thanks again for the clear and speedy reply.)

# BEGIN GD-SSL
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^(.+)$
RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} ^coolexample\.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} ^www\.coolexample\.com$
RewriteRule .* https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]
Header add Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=300"
</IfModule>
# END GD-SSL