Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
techworld76
Getting Started

How do i access cPanel?

Hi All,

I am unable to login to cPanel with http://myDomainName/cpanel

Please how do i access cPanel on Godaddy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@techworld76 

In that case you'll need to go into the DNS and change the main @ record to the IP address of the server

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
PL281
Super User IV

@techworld76 

That should work or you can access it via your GoDaddy account page - what is your domain name?

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

My domain name is go1dmansachs.com and when i try to login cPanel with http://go1dmansachs.com/cpanel it does not work.

@techworld76 

It looks your domain is not pointed to your cpanel account it is just hitting the parked page

Both the domain and hosting are registered on Godaddy.and in one account.

Please how do i resolve the issue?

@techworld76 

You would need to assign the domain to the cPanel account - this should update the DNS - if not you'll need to also update the DNS to point to the IP address of the cPanel

Its there any guide on how to do this? Thank you.

@techworld76 

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-the-domain-in-my-linux-hosting-account-16163

I followed the guide but the primary domain there is go1dmansachs.com

@techworld76 

In that case you'll need to go into the DNS and change the main @ record to the IP address of the server

View solution in original post

That totally worked. Thanks a lot and i apreciate your time.

However i am facing another issue. I created an email account in cPanel which can send but it is not receiving and there is no bounced message. Please do you know what i can do?

@techworld76 

Best thing to do is in the dns setup a CNAME for mail pointing to @ (if it isn't already there)

Then remove the existing MX records and add one @ pointing to mail.YOURDOMAIN.COM  (putting your actual domain in there)

I have set the mx record pointing to my domain but i am confuded on the CNAME record. Please can you see the screenshot to see if the correct records are there. Thanks

cname.jpg

@techworld76 

So you need to add a CNAME host = mail points to = @