cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to Migrate From One Godaddy VPS Server to Another Without Losing Files

Hello,

Can someone please provide an idea on how to migrate my files from One VPS on Godaddy to another VPS.

I want to migrate because the current VPS I am using runs outdated services like PHP5 and the new VPS plan seems more appropriate since it offers upgraded functionality.

My major concern is not with the web page files as I can easily do that myself (manually). My concern is with email hosting on my accounts. And of course, GoDaddy chat is unavailable 99.99% of the time and I am outside the USA

3 REPLIES 3
Resolver IV
Resolver IV
Solution

Re: How to Migrate From One Godaddy VPS Server to Another Without Losing Files

@legendcrest 

In WHM on the VPS server there is an account transfer tool that will transfer the entire cPanel account / emails and all.

As a note as I’ve recently been moving some accounts between the Gen3 and Gen4 servers, the transfer tool will give you warnings if you don’t have both servers configured with the same database setup etc.

Also keep in mind that PHP5 is not just a function of the server but what you have configured in EasyApache - once you go to php7 in easyapache there is not an “easy” way to get back to php5

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites

Thanks, I will check it out and see if I can use it. 

I will have loved to just upgrade my PHP version but again Gen 4 servers, hopefully, will have more advantage so I guess the best thing to do is simply migrate. Lol

Thank a lot

Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@legendcrest 

I'm using a Gen4 already - and having a SSD and CentOS7 is worth it

GoDaddy Pro User - Managing over 300 WP Sites