cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to add secondary domains under one deluxe Linux hosting with cPanel

Hello.

Title explains my problem. I cannot find my way through this new  interface. Online help is for the old interface: https://www.godaddy.com/help/add-domains-8342

There are no "hosted domains" or "add domain" options in my Hosting account.

Please help. Thanks. 

31 REPLIES 31
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: How to add secondary domains under one deluxe Linux hosting with cPanel

Hi,

Have you purchased your secondary domain and you want to add it to your hosting account to build another site or do you want to point it to the same site?

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Hi. I have purchased my secondary domain and I want to add it to my hosting account to build another website. 

Helper VI
Helper VI
Solution

Hello.

There are a few steps which you have to do::
1- Open your hosting account, go to Web Hosting and click MANAGE.

http://i.imgur.com/8cb0xJP.jpg

2- Now you have entered the cPanel. Search the "Addon Domains" section and click on it.

http://i.imgur.com/wO9xuaX.jpg

3- Create an Addon Domain with the name of your domain

http://i.imgur.com/P1dAOuw.jpg

4- Create a text file in your PC, name it index.txt and introduce the following:

<html>
<head>
<title>TEST</title>
</head>
<body>
TEST
</body>
</html>

5- Rename the index.txt file to index.html and upload it with File Manager in the folder where you have your new site

6- Accesses your site.

7- If you see the word TEST on your screen then you are done with the configurations and you can start building your website, just remember to delete index.html before that.

I hope this will help you. Good luck.

***Signature: -> Do not assume anything! If you want help, explain your problem. If my post helped you, give it a Kudo. If you have the solution, mark the topic as Solved.

Thank you very much for your great help. I finally solved it! Man Very Happy

Helper VI
Helper VI

You are welcome.

Smiley Happy

I'm new to godaddy and building websites in general.  I was excited to find your reply to the OP's questions, however you lost me at:

"4- Create a text file in your PC, name it index.txt and introduce the following:

<html>
<head>
<title>TEST</title>
</head>
<body>
TEST
</body>
</html>"

Helper VI
Helper VI

What exactly you do not understand?

Smiley Happy

GOAL = He is telling you how to create a domain AND test it with a simple INDEX file....it can be done immediately after creating the "ADD-ON" domain.  ANY text file (.txt) can be changed to an HTML file simply by renaming it.  He has given you a simple copy/paste webpage so to speak that should only show the word TEST.  This is as easy as webpage creation gets, but if your new it all sounds complicated perhaps...hang in there you'll get it Smiley Wink

1. Right click anywhere on your desktop...

2. Select "New"...

3. Left-Click "Text Document"

4. Then look on desktop for file named "New Text Document.txt"

5. Double-click on it...

6. Once it opens Copy & Paste the following...

<html>
<head>
<title>TITLE</title>
</head>
<body>
TEST
</body>
</html>

7. Once pasted, "Save" the file...

8. Then 'Rename' it to "index.html"  (You can double click on the file name or right-click on the file and use the rename option)

9. If you followed the instructions above after the add-on domain was created by GoDaddy there will be an option at the bottom that says - go to "File Manager"

10. Goto file manager...

11. Select the "Upload" option near top of page...

12. 'Upload' the INDEX.HTML file you created...

13. UPLOAD it...

14. Open a new browser 'TAB'

15. Type your domain name in the URL/Search bar of your browser...

16. If you did everything correctly then the new ADD-ON domain webpage will open saying "TEST" on a empty white page.

If this is too hard to follow search YouTube for an example....VIDEO is much easier to show then a CHAT is to describe Robot Happy

ESSENTIALLY why you do this entire process is to allow you to CHECK the add-on domain and make sure it's working ok.  If you don't CHECK it first with the INDEX.HTML you could design an entire site on the WRONG DOMAIN NAME...therefore wasting all your time Cat Happy

I have another question. I have one domain already up and running. There is another domain with coming soon page on different server. Now I want to change the second domain hosting to godaddy one. I know I have to change DNS of another domain pointing to godaddy one. But in godaddy how would I do it?

If I follow your steps then, it creates sub-domain of my current one which is hosted in godaddy. Any suggestions?

domain addon not working

I have added a sub domain which I own but it doesn't seem to work, the domain says DNS HOSTING ONLY

Re: domain addon not working

I am facing the same problem, I added an addon domain (punit-patpatia.com) to my hosting account (https://www.rasheinfobank.com). When I visit www.punit-patpatia.com in browser, it gives the following message: 

This site can’t be reached

punit-patpatia.com’s server DNS address could not be found.

Also in domain listing (i.e., DNS Manager), in front of my addon domain (i.e., punit-patpatia.com) it says "DNS Only (Hosting)"

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

New

Thanks for the information!

It would be really helpful to me if you can confirm on my question.

I have a wordpress website running on primary domain, if I follow these instructions, to add secondary domain, will I be able to set cPanel for my secondary domain also? And with that could I be able to develop the second website with secondary domain separately?

Sorry for this basic question, but any help on this will really be appreciated.

Thanks Smiley Happy

hello, I followed all your instructions but i couldn't get i to work. Please help

Highlighted

Connecting my external domain with go Daddy

Hi,

I bought a co.il domain at liveDNS and a hosting package here and I can't seem to find what to do to connect them.

Tried going with the manuals but I don't see and NS there..

Once I could and then when entering the cPanel I can't again.

Any advice? Should I reset the host here again? 

Re: Connecting my external domain with go Daddy

UNABLE TO ADD MORE ADDON DOMAIN

I bought some domains and decided to use them on Go daddy as addon domains. The first 2 worked but the third is not working and I already changed the nameserver at the other end where I got the domains. I don't know if Godaddy is preventing me from using more Addon Domains.

New

server DNS address could not be found for sql admin tool

I've just linked my Godaddy web hosting to my domain which is provided from another provider than Godaddy and everything work fine, but I can't open database admin tool for mssql http://mssql.alghodwagroup.com/silentlogon, it give me "server DNS address could not be found".

So do I need to do something in my domain account or in my Godaddy web hosting account?

Unable to Host domain with new hosting account

I am trying to add my domain to the new hosting account I bought from Godaddy,

my domain is with another company and it was added to another hosting account by goDaddy earlier by an agency with whom I am not working anymore,

Please help in how I can i add my domain without removing it from agency's account,

P.S: I am the owner of the domain and have full access to it.

Thank you.

Changing website location

Currently when I go to my wordpress site I enter the DomainName.com/blog but I would like to change it so that all I have to enter is DomainName.com and don't have to have /blog at the end. How do I do that? I'm currently setup under godaddy's cpanel hosting system.

Changing hosting accounts / primary domain

Hi all, thanks for the help.

2 godaddy accounts

1. isolapr.com and it's on GD hosting within the same account, it was the primary domain until i removed it a few hours ago.  Had to set it to a madeup name and then deleted isolapr.com from the hosting account

2. another godaddy account - want to move hosting of isolapr.com here

I've set the a-record but still can't add the domain to 2. without an error of "belongs to another account".  Do I need to wait 24 hours?  Are there additional steps?

Addon Domain

Hi,

I would like to host a subdomain of a domain which is not hosted on my account.

Are addon domains the right way to do this and is there an example I can follow for the above requirement.

Neil

Domain Alias

Hi,

I have some domains regsitered with another registrar.

I want to have those domains point to my GoDaddy hosting.

I have attempted this but is not working.

What I did was to create Domain Aliases for each domain in my account, and set the root to the public_html directory.

I then went to my Domain Manager and looked up the primary domain for my hosting (which is working correctly) , from here I got the Name Servers.
Then went back to the other registrar and added those name servers into the DNS records.
This was done 3 or 4 days ago, but obviously not working.
Is there something I am missing or have done incorrectly?

now after all this HOW TO DELETE index.html file
Plz tell me in detail
Thanks in advance

@Adrian8

hi ,
I followed your instructions (total 7 step)
in the step 7  the result is 'Internal Server Error .....500 Internal Server Error '
I'm sure I followed the instructions.
pls help, thank all,

New

i just bought a new web hosting plan, and i tried to set it up but the hosted domain button won't come up under more. i don't know what to do because i have to link this night. don't know if anybody can help out

Re: Domain Alias

@rosstesoriero wrote:

Hi,

I have some domains regsitered with another registrar.

I want to have those domains point to my GoDaddy hosting.

I have attempted this but is not working.

What I did was to create Domain Aliases for each domain in my account, and set the root to the public_html directory.

I then went to my Domain Manager and looked up the primary domain for my hosting (which is working correctly) , from here I got the Name Servers.
Then went back to the other registrar and added those name servers into the DNS records.
This was done 3 or 4 days ago, but obviously not working.
Is there something I am missing or have done incorrectly?

I am facing the same problem. Can anyone please help! Smiley Sad

Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi, @anasmunir,

The domain alias and addon domain are quite different methods.  If you wish to host multiple websites under one hosting plan then addon domain is the proper method. Or else, You just want to redirect multiple websites to one particular website then domain alias is the proper method. 

Domain Alias: 

If you want to redirect all of your websites (domains) to a particular website. Then you have to bring those domains from alien registrar to your GoDaddy Account. 

Follow the steps. 

1. Replace the nameservers of your domains in the alien registrar. (You already did it).

2. Then add your domains has addon domain. 

3. After, Create a domain alias redirect. 

Note: The solution I proposed is never tested. If the process, I defined above is worked properly. Kindly,  Post a reply. 

@manojkumarcdo wrote:

Hi, @anasmunir,

The domain alias and addon domain are quite different methods.  If you wish to host multiple websites under one hosting plan then addon domain is the proper method. Or else, You just want to redirect multiple websites to one particular website then domain alias is the proper method. 

Domain Alias: 

If you want to redirect all of your websites (domains) to a particular website. Then you have to bring those domains from alien registrar to your GoDaddy Account. 

Follow the steps. 

1. Replace the nameservers of your domains in the alien registrar. (You already did it).

2. Then add your domains has addon domain. 

3. After, Create a domain alias redirect. 

Note: The solution I proposed is never tested. If the process, I defined above is worked properly. Kindly,  Post a reply. 

Hi @manojkumarcdo

Thank you so much for your reply.

Actually I'm trying to host my two addon domains on my deluxe hosting.

I am already hosting 2 domains on my account, which are: anasmunir.com (Primary Domain) and Stylized.pk (Addon Domain).

As my Deluxe Hosting allows me to host multiple domains, I am trying to add two more domains on my account as addon domains, which are:

canvas.com.pk

speropharma.com.pk

I followed the exact same procedure which I used while adding the previous addon domain (Stylized.pk) but these two are not working at all. I added these domains as addon domains via cPanel and created their ftp accounts and then updated their nameservers via my registrar.

But 2 days have passed and I'm getting "....server DNS address could not be found." error when I'm trying to visit the domains on my browser.

My previous addon domain is working just fine. But these two domains are not working.

Can you please help me? Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much for the excellent answer ! 

Hi Bro
How i can forward my old domain to new domain in deluxe Linux hosting?
Best Regards