cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

How to clone a site when WP install wasn't used with Installatron?

Having upgraded to Deluxe recently, I successfully cloned one of my sites using Installatron and couldn't be happier with the result. I had originally used Installatron to install WP for that site.

However, I have another site that's still on an unexpired Economy hosting plan that I'd like to move across to the Deluxe hosting plan using the same cloning method with Installatron, but when I open Installatron applications, the site isn't listed, presumably because I didn't use Installatron to install WP on that site in the first place.

My question is, can that site be brought into Installatron somehow and if not, is there another way to clone the site within CPanel?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: How to clone a site when WP install wasn't used with Installatron?

@Splinter 

Yeah, if you have a cPanel interface with Installatron on the Economy hosting, it should't be an issue.

• Go to the Applications Installer and select WordPress.
  • On the right hand side of the screen, you'll see a button that says +install this application.
  • Click the little hamburger menu next to it and select import existing install -> From this account -> then select the domain and install with whatever options you want.

You should be able to move forward from there with no issue. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Solution

Thanks Mr Vapor, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Installatron really is a revelation.

Super User III
Super User III

@Splinter 

Yeah, it's great most of the time, especially with smaller sites. If you have a big one, like an eCommerce platform with lots of products in the database, it can be hit or miss. Just a pro tip for future reference. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community