cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

How to update MySql?

I am trying to develop my website but when ever I try to do anything with MySql I get the error "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)" and I am assume its because MySql is not updated. I can't for some reason login to WHM while using the same information I use to login to CPanel to try and update MySql through WHM. I tried using SSH and Putty but when ever I tried to do anything in the command line I just got told I was denied access. I've also tried sudo in the command line and it said "sudo: command not found" which is surprising to me seeing that the operating system is linux. I haven't been able to find anything online on how to fix any of these issues I am having. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to update MySql?

It seems I am using the latest version of MySql but not being able to login to WHM is still worrying to me.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: How to update MySql?

Hi @monkeycow. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! My guess would be that you have one of our cPanel hosting plans. These plans are considered "shared hosting" and do not have access to WHM and other admin functions. For that, you'd need a VPS or Dedicated Server. Hope that helps clarify the issue. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.