cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

I/O Usage 100% forever problem

Hello, 
i'm writing here because i find the online chat help has been offline for me for many months ! i don't know if everybody have the same issue or not !!! 
i have constant problem with my hosting that I/O Usage always shoot up to 100% on any change i do in any of the websites. i have deluxe hosting with 3 word presses working on it, and not even going through that high traffic anyway ! but whatever change i do it always shoot up the I/O usage to 100% and all sites completely stop responding as well as the physical memory ! 
i have no idea why but even when the online chat was working some months ago they changed something but it didn't help. 

i need help.... been really disappointed that i cannot do real updates on the website because i always lose the effort i do when it stops working

you can check website www.royalsafari.net , www.ananastours.com mainly this 2 
check them up or analyse what's the issue 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Re: I/O Usage 100% forever problem

@Coda_ra 

It is possible either your site or an email account has been hacked on your portion of the shared server. What type of hosting do you have specifically? When did the issue begin? 

You sites may need a bigger server to operate properly as well. It could be a lot of things. Can you give us some more information?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

unfortunately i don't have more info what could be the problem, i've looked everywhere and tried every solution, i have this issue since months and i scanned the sites and files multiple times with no result. 
i've been looking a lot into it and i still don't understand, and i can't even work on the sites because for example i edit a page with visual composer normally like every1 except when i try to save the changes no matter big changes or small the I/O and physical memory shoot up to 100% and freezes all of the website and occasionally i lose the changes i've done 
i'm more than happy to give you access if you wanna look it up yourself coz i have no clue ! 

@MrVapor can you assist ? 
or anybody else has a clue ? 

Super User III
Super User III
Solution

@Coda_ra 

Typically, there are a only a few things that will cause this:

• Your email on the server has been compromised. Weak password's on your cPanel email usually cause this
    • SOLUTION: Change all passwords (cPanel, Website, GoDaddy account, etc.). Use stronger passwords in the future. You will also want to run a malware scan. I would suggest GoDaddy's Website Security Essentials at a minimum. You get scanned and cleaned with that one.
  • Your website itself has been compromised. This usually results from poor maintenance of the website itself such as not making updates, using old plugins/themes that have vulnerabilities, not using SSL or any web security.
    • SOLUTION: I would suggest GoDaddy's Website Security Essentials at a minimum. You get scanned and cleaned with that one if this is the issue.
  • You have a plugin or process that's gone Zombie. This means that something you're using on the server - a plugin, a theme, or even a poorly written chron job - has gone haywire and it's eating up all your resources. 
    • SOLUTION: Just log into cPanel, do a search for Select PHP Version, toggle the PHP versionSave, toggle it back to your original PHP version, and you're done. If your site loads the way it's supposed to, it was most likely something you were using on your site and the slow load times will eventually return. If it was something like a chron job, the issue won't change for you. For more in-depth support on this, I would suggest contacting GoDaddy's support or hiring someone to correct the issues.
  • Last but not least, you could just have too many people or bots hitting your site. If it's people, that's good. If it's bots, that's not so good.
    • SOLUTION: If it's people hitting your site, just upgrade your hosting package and you should be good. If it's bots, you need a firewall. This is why it's important to have some sort of firewall protection on your website. It prevents unwanted visitors from hitting your site and stealing resources as they try to compromise it. You can use products like Cloudflare for their firewall but, to be fair, they're kind of garbage and overpriced for what they do. I'd suggest Website Security Deluxe for this one. I've not had any issues with any of my sites using this for over 2 years now. 

As you can see, there are a lot of different things it could be and these are the most likely culprits. You should really contact phone support to see if they can give you a more in-depth look at your particular issue or hire a professional that can get it sorted for you. 

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I drink and I know things. Especially about websites and web hosting.
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community