cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I upload my website files to public_html, but it's still showing "coming soon"

I have both "home.html" and "index.html", it's just a static webstie, in my public_html directory, it has all the css and js files, including home.html and index.html. I enter the id address for the website, "coming soon" is shown up.

1 REPLY 1
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: I upload my website files to public_html, but it's still showing "coming soon"

Typically what I do with new hosting is create a archive (.zip file) of the root directory then delete the contents (minus the .zip file of course). I'm a bit of a neat freak and it gives me a clean directory to work with. I then go in with my custom files and have no issues with naming or wondering where any files came from. That usually acts as a hard reset and my custom files come right up. 

I don't know how long ago you made the changes @sayakura but that page could just be cached? It might just take some time to propagate? Try opening up a private browsing window and see if you see the changes. I hope that helps? 

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head