cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Migrated Website - Now Getting White Screen Of Death

So this week, I had to hurriedly move my website over from my previous host to GoDaddy. I used Filezilla to do the download and upload, only some of the files mainly from .cagefs, did not transfer correctly. I now have the white screen of death. 

I'm literally flying blind here; the old host was a friend who used to help me with the technical aspect. What has gone wrong? Any ideas??

I have limited time to sort this out before the original host pulls and deletes all my files. 

Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Migrated Website - Now Getting White Screen Of Death

If I was in your situation, I would diagnose by:

Rename your index file to index2 then create a temporary index and write some type of message.

Try going to your site.  If you see the file that you just created... the problem is within your files.  If not, it could be something else like DNS and stuff.

Speaking of DNS... did you change your host IP to your godaddy IP?

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com
New

Thanks very much for the suggestions; I tried renaming the index file but it hasn't made any difference. I have changed the nameservers to GoDaddy's. I suspect could be a database issue but the instructions GoDaddy gave me to sort that out led me up a garden path... 

Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

If it didn't make a difference, it means that the problem is within DNS... Please use online services such as https://www.site24x7.com/find-ip-address-of-web-site.html to check if your domain is really pointing to Godaddy's hosts vs your old host.  You can use PING from your computer but please clear you cache before doing so 

ipconfig /flushdns

This will test to see if the files being served to your sites visitors are the right files.

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com