cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Files from my Hosting account

I have several websites hosted on a shared server. There are no other users than myself to the account. On the 7th April I started receiving cron deamon error emails. It was from a development site so I wasn't too concerned and was really busy. So the next opportunity I had I went into my hosting account to find it wouldn't let me into the file manager, nor would it let me into any of my sites! I then contacted support on the online chat where I was advised there was a 'known issue' and i'd be emailed when it was corrected. I never received any email, I tried my account a few days later and all my files since December have gone missing!! from all directories - anything prior to 29th dec is there. But this even includes the automatic backups from the Installatron - all missing! I've no idea where to turn! I've cheched and even my mysql databases have reverted to what they were in December!!!

From what I can see it looks like they've reverted to an old backup from December after an issue is what these symptoms point to, there is no malware on the server and I know of nothing that would delete all files like this!?

Please say theres something I can do as I've lost everything!!!! 

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @iblamedan!

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. This type of issue needs to be reviewed by a member of our support team. I recommend you reach out to them as soon as possible. The community is not a method for reaching our support team. Thank you for understanding. 

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support