cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moodle on shared hosting plan

Hello,

I have just Moodle installed on a shared hosting plan in another company. But when I tried to restore a course it failed. They told me that "restoration attempt is hampered by the Apache limits"

I want to know if the same limits apply here before I transfer my website to godaddy.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @finestuff,

fine stuff? lol

TBH it all depends on the package you choose, as to what limits there are. 

I would speak with support who on hearing your requirements will be in the best position to advise you.

Chat Arizona USA local time 5am ~ 6pm

phones 24/7

Regards.

Sorry, but I teach web development and my students are using Hostgator, AWS, Bluehost, Google, and GoDaddy (No longer GoDaddy after today) I have installed Moodle on my shared hosting plan with Bluehost and Hostgator (these hosts are under the same company) with ZERO problems. I needed to upgrade my PhP version to 7 and that was the only step.

I am also a GoDaddy customer and you cannot install Moodle because GoDaddy does not offer MySQL Barracuda. I installed this morning but no dice. GoDaddy sucks. I have 500+ web development students and will advise them to stay AWAY from GoDaddy. It is a joke and a ripoff.  WHY would GoDaddy offer a one step software install that they DO NOT support. All they care about is squeezing every penny they can out of customers.

I have 4 classes tomorrow morning and I am making the announcement in all e web classes to my students and posting on all available web and social media platforms my experience with GoDaddy. I am also contracting on the side for a large defense contractor and was considering a dedicated server to host varoius LMS platforms from GoDaddy but no way now. Again, let me reiterate, GoDaddy is a horrible host please do not waste your time or money on these scammers.