Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Wednesday, July 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
nacfun
New

MySQL on phpMyAdmin turn on Slow Query log and change value for Query Cache and Long Query Time

In MySQL in phpMyAdmin attempting to do following and its suggesting Super Privilege is required and showing #1227 Access Denied error.

- turn 'ON' the Slow Query Log (its set as OFF)

- change Long Query Limit to 5 sec ( as 10 sec is selected by default) 

- turn ON Query Cache and select 10MB ( currently OFF)

Called Godaddy customer service and being told that its not possible for them to do this as we have Enhanced Business Plan and will have to move to dedicated server. Will appreciate any feedback as this sounds strange that with 2 virtual allocated CPU core, 4GB Ram, 90GB HDD plan we cant get this service.  These changes are very basic to ensure better performance of our MySQL DB. We dont know how else to optimize our database performance if we can make these basic changes.  

Thanks for all your advise and assistance in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PL281
Super User IV

@nacfun 

Unless you are on a VPS or a Dedicated server this is correct. The Enhanced Business Plans are still cPanel accounts and therefore you don't have root access to modify server level settings. There are certain things you can do via user.ini files but that is for PHP - as there is only one instance of MySQL running on the server, it doesn't allow you to have separate configurations the way PHP does.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PL281
Super User IV

@nacfun 

Unless you are on a VPS or a Dedicated server this is correct. The Enhanced Business Plans are still cPanel accounts and therefore you don't have root access to modify server level settings. There are certain things you can do via user.ini files but that is for PHP - as there is only one instance of MySQL running on the server, it doesn't allow you to have separate configurations the way PHP does.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post